Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_6250.JPG

Well folks , VR took this snapshot this morning on her way to work !:geek:
It took us 4-Years to reach 60K Miles ! We purchased ours on September 10th, 2016 !:giggle:

We could have reached it a heck of alot sooner , had VR not been cooped-up due to 3-Surgery's and during Chemo Treatments multiple times within the 4-years ! Plus , she hasn't been driving her normal 40-miles a day for work , due to the COVID-QUARANTINE this past spring !:rolleyes:

Besides the accident last July (not our fault):cry: ,
our F-PACE Experience has been ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !(y)(y):cool:

We have an appointment at our dealer in Annapolis this Saturday , for our FINAL FREEBIE Service !:)

Which means we'll be having lunch at the CHEESECAKE FACTORY in Annapolis on Saturday !(y)(y);)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
So I guess now is a good time to ask.... Did or do you get 5 services or 4? I won't hit 60K before I hit 5 years, but my dealer kinda alluded to me that next year is my last free service. My in service date was Aug 1st 2017. Next year (2021) will be my 4th service, but he acts like you will be out of warranty time wise, the 5th yr. So my question is does it qualify for a last free service say in July of 2022?
Also does dealer free delivery and pick up and loaner cars, stop at this time? When do jaguar connected services end? All these are good questions for many of us who may be nearing the end of warranty.... Has any one ever looked on to what a JLR extended warranty costs after 5/60 and what it covers?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I would have reached mine in 4 years, too (this coming April), but the pandemic has saved me from that as well.

My question is: will you keep it outside warranty despite it being flawless? Mine has been excellent overall (knocking wood), but if things go wrong now it's all on you to fix. That may be daunting for a car with this level of technology.

And as a side note, I hope VR did well all with her treatments

·
Registered
448 Posts
I hit the 60K at the beginning of April, and it was not a free service for me.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So I guess now is a good time to ask.... Did or do you get 5 services or 4? I won't hit 60K before I hit 5 years, but my dealer kinda alluded to me that next year is my last free service. My in service date was Aug 1st 2017. Next year (2021) will be my 4th service, but he acts like you will be out of warranty time wise, the 5th yr. So my question is does it qualify for a last free service say in July of 2022?
I’m not sure WHY people are having a problem with the 5-Year / 60K mileage Warranty & FREE Service !!! Your Warranty & FREE Service should be good for either 5-Years OR 60K miles , whichever comes FIRST !!! Jaguar has HONORED this Warranty for us , because they are giving me one last FREE Service at 60K-miles !!! It doesn’t matter wether it happens in 3-Years , 4-Years , or 5-Years !!! That being said , if your vehicle has LOW mileage , then they should give you FREE Service for 5-Years !!! That’s 5 FREE Services !!! I am only getting 4 because I reached the mileage limit in 4-Years !!!

The Service Intervals were to be at 1-Year or 16K-miles (for GAS Engines) !
So the first year we went for Service at 16K , the second year at 32K , and the third year at 48K , and this year (the 4th Year) at 60K !

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My question is: will you keep it outside warranty despite it being flawless? Mine has been excellent overall (knocking wood), but if things go wrong now it's all on you to fix. That may be daunting for a car with this level of technology.
We haven't really decided WHAT we are going to do yet ! If it hadn't been for the incident last year ,
we were planning to keep this AWESOME Piece of AUTOMOTIVE ARTWORK for at least 10-12 Years !!!
I think VR wants to get rid of it , but I haven't reached that point yet !
We might end up getting VR a New SUV , and I'll keep the F-PACE for myself !:unsure:
In my book , that's a WIN-WIN !(y)(y);):cool:

P.S. VR is doing VERY WELL as of right now ! (y) (y) :)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hit the 60K at the beginning of April, and it was not a free service for me.
I don't know if you argued the point or not , but I would have !
That being said , I don't see HOW they could even argue with you in the first place ,
as the 5-Year or 60K-miles Warranty & FREE Service is in WRITING !!!
Just curious , how much did it cost you for the Service/Maintenance ?:unsure:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
That being said , I don't see HOW they could even argue with you in the first place ,
uhh, that’s why I’m asking....like I said, Dealer kinda said in a roundabout way “Next year is your last year”....
also the 60 K / 5 year service on these vehicles seems to be reasonably extensive, does that mean that all that service is covered in the fifth and final visit, if it’s valid?

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe my good friend @DPinTX will come along anytime now ,
and GRACE us with his Self-Proclaimed Wealth Of Knowledge:cool: ,
and enlighten everyone here with the CORRECT Intel concerning everyone's inquiries
about HOW MANY FREE Service/Maintenance visits we should be receiving !!!

GR is under the impression that if you don't go over 60K-miles within the first 5-Years ,
then you should receive 5-FREE Service/Maintenance visits !!!

@DPinTX , what say you ???:unsure::geek:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I paid $160 or so.

I already had a scuffle with them once, and the next closest dealership is 80 miles from my house. I cannot say I am impressed with their service department, but that's the one I need to deal with, for now, I am somewhat stuck with them, and they know that. But one more scuffle, and I will check out the other dealership, even if it is 160-mile roundtrip for me.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
GREETINGS to ALL !!!:)
Just wanted to CONFIRM with everyone , that we did indeed receive our 4th & Final FREE Service/Maintenance this morning , which included a FREE Loaner !
The odometer was at 60,237-miles ! Today (September 5th, 2020) is 5-days shy of our 4-Year Anniversary of purchasing it ! They did inform us (which we already knew) that the vehicle was no longer under Warranty !

They said the Rear Brake Pads were in need of replacement , with only 2mm-3mm left on them ! They suggested NOT going more than another 5K-8K Miles on them ! They said the Front Brakes were fine ! I told them that we didn't have TIME today to wait for them to do the job , but would try to get back there as soon as we get a chance ! I asked how much that would cost , and he said approx. $620 for Parts & Labor ! If any of y'all have had this done already , does that price seem ACCURATE ???:unsure:

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
GREETINGS to ALL !!!:)
Just wanted to CONFIRM with everyone , that we did indeed receive our 4th & Final FREE Service/Maintenance this morning , which included a FREE Loaner !
The odometer was at 60,237-miles ! Today (September 5th, 2020) is 5-days shy of our 4-Year Anniversary of purchasing it ! They did inform us (which we already knew) that the vehicle was no longer under Warranty !

They said the Rear Brake Pads were in need of replacement , with only 2mm-3mm left on them ! They suggested NOT going more than another 5K-8K Miles on them ! They said the Front Brakes were fine ! I told them that we didn't have TIME today to wait for them to do the job , but would try to get back there as soon as we get a chance ! I asked how much that would cost , and he said approx. $620 for Parts & Labor ! If any of y'all have had this done already , does that price seem ACCURATE ???:unsure:
sounds cheap to me. The brakes on that car are the reason I bought the Maintenance pkg 😝

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Maybe my good friend @DPinTX will come along anytime now ,
and GRACE us with his Self-Proclaimed Wealth Of Knowledge:cool: ,
and enlighten everyone here with the CORRECT Intel concerning everyone's inquiries
about HOW MANY FREE Service/Maintenance visits we should be receiving !!!

GR is under the impression that if you don't go over 60K-miles within the first 5-Years ,
then you should receive 5-FREE Service/Maintenance visits !!!

@DPinTX , what say you ???:unsure::geek:
Your statement is correct... it’s 5 years or 60k miles which ever comes first. My car has very low miles so I will be getting 5 free service visits. Each visit has different items that service. ( See attached ) so not sure if they gave you the 4yr or 5yr maintenance service, the differance being 4yr they do a differential oil change and 5yr you get new spark plugs. You would need to check your invoice see which one they did.

DP

P.S. Not self-proclaimed... if I recall the title was bestowed on to me. Or at least that was it says under my name. 😎

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Are these maintenance check sheets available on the net? I'd like to have one to double check my dealers performance to requirements.... I'm a low mileage person too, and I hopefully expect 5 free visits. Do you believe that free pick up and delivery and loaners ends at the end of 5/60 or not necessarily...?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Are these maintenance check sheets available on the net? I'd like to have one to double check my dealers performance to requirements.... I'm a low mileage person too, and I hopefully expect 5 free visits. Do you believe that free pick up and delivery and loaners ends at the end of 5/60 or not necessarily...?
you can tap the picture and its a full size document that you can print out. The Loaners are a dealer provided thing.
DP

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
you can tap the picture and its a full size document that you can print out. The Loaners are a dealer provided thing.
DP
Yes but I need one for a 2018 Diesel...:)

Reactions: NewToCats

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Yes but I need one for a 2018 Diesel...:)
Didn't your 2018 come with a Passport to Service booklet? This outlines the service intervals and what is covered for each service.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Didn't your 2018 come with a Passport to Service booklet? This outlines the service intervals and what is covered for each service.
It did and yes that does help. But the actual dealer service sheet for engine and MY like this is a little more concise....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts