Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you receive text messages on the Fpace ? Meaning when you get a text message from someone does it pop up on the screen or do you get a notification on the screen and are able to read them ? My MB did this and I thought I saw sonewhere that the F Pace did too .

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe it also depends on what version of InControl Touch you have. The regular (non-tech pack) version with the fixed buttons DOES include text messaging capabilities, but all documentation for the 10.2" touch screen interface the comes with InControl Touch Pro indicates that is does not come with it. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it also depends on what version of InControl Touch you have. The regular (non-tech pack) version with the fixed buttons DOES include text messaging capabilities, but all documentation for the 10.2" touch screen interface the comes with InControl Touch Pro indicates that is does not come with it. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one...
I also hope you are wrong because I have the tech package. It would be weird to me if this is the case.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you receive text messages on the Fpace ? Meaning when you get a text message from someone does it pop up on the screen or do you get a notification on the screen and are able to read them ? My MB did this and I thought I saw sonewhere that the F Pace did too .
I guess I should have stated that I have the tech package ( 10.2 inch screen ) in my original post.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it's any help, the second my wife paired her phone with our stock ICT system she got a text in our car. She has a Samsung Galaxy S5. I haven't yet, but sure it will work on my Samsung Note 4. I can do this with my new Dodge cargo van too, so it must not be too tech crazy.

What's weird in my Dodge is when you hit "listen" the voice reads back as female. So when my testosterone crazed friends text me and it comes through with a female voice my head just spins counterclockwise :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Its very simple to do on iPhone 4, 5 and 6. To turn the text feature on first connect your device via bluetooth to your car's compatible multimedia centre as you would do normally to make hands free calls. Then on your iphone go to your bluetooth settings,select the connection for your car, click the blue circle exclamation point and the select "Show Notification" by toggling it on. Very simple! Not sure why all the convoluted answers in this forum! Hope this helps! Sorry don't know anything about other manufactures, but could be the same.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Integrated text-to-voice technology reduces distraction by reading out incoming text messages. You can easily respond with short, prepared messages.

The preceding "bullet point" was included in the online F Pace brochure section on In Touch Control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its very simple to do on iPhone 4, 5 and 6. To turn the text feature on first connect your device via bluetooth to your car's compatible multimedia centre as you would do normally to make hands free calls. Then on your iphone go to your bluetooth settings,select the connection for your car, click the blue circle exclamation point and the select "Show Notification" by toggling it on. Very simple! Not sure why all the convoluted answers in this forum! Hope this helps! Sorry don't know anything about other manufactures, but could be the same.
Thanks for the tip. Just got the wife's FPace home. Been doing this in my BMW for years, so this shouldn't be any big deal these days.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an android.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an iPhone 6s and am running iOS 9.3.2. I don't have the "Show Notification" toggle in my bluetooth settings. Do you know if Apple moved (ore removed) it in a new software release.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't have that toggle or option either. I also have the newest software. Never saw anything like that toggle and I'm pretty iPhone savvy. Also, I can't get messages on my screen either.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't think I want to my text messages showing on screen. Would be great if you could set it to auto disable that feature everytime it sensed somebody sitting in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't have that toggle or option either. I also have the newest software. Never saw anything like that toggle and I'm pretty iPhone savvy. Also, I can't get messages on my screen either.
Do you have ICT or ICTP? If ICTP, I am pretty sure it isn't available.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts