Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't seem to get any text messages. I've searched the manual, and tried several different things, but no joy.

Anyone have any ideas what to try?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,253 Posts
I don't seem to get any text messages. I've searched the manual, and tried several different things, but no joy.

Thanks,

Dave

Well first off welcome to the forum, I see this is your very first post. I going to guess you have an iPhone since you didn’t say in your post. Go in to the Bluetooth setting on your iPhone and then find fhe F-PACE entry click the blue circle to get more info. Then once that opens move the slider next to notifications so it’s green.

DP

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do text messages work on ICT? Assuming that you have ICT and not ICTP. Text messages on ICTP are only available with a fairly recent software update to that system.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Do text messages work on ICT? Assuming that you have ICT and not ICTP. Text messages on ICTP are only available with a fairly recent software update to that system.
I have ITC, and yes I do get text messages. I have an android phone, not an overpriced apple:)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

Thanks,

Dave
How about putting your model and options in your signature. It helps a lot when trying to answer questions!!

·
F Pace Expert
2,629 Posts
I have ITC, and yes I do get text messages. I have an android phone, not an overpriced apple:)
IPhone XR is cheaper than original IPhone when adjusted for inflation and XS is only about $200 more. Pretty good deal given significant advances in capabilities, functionality and productivity in the past 11 years. A Hyundai is way cheaper than a Jag too ;)

PS: why is it Android users hate on Apple but rarely ever the other way around? #iosderangementsyndrome ?

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
IPhone XR is cheaper than original IPhone when adjusted for inflation and XS is only about $200 more. Pretty good deal given significant advances in capabilities, functionality and productivity in the past 11 years. A Hyundai is way cheaper than a Jag too ;)

PS: why is it Android users hate on Apple but rarely ever the other way around? #iosderangementsyndrome ?
*BACK ON TOPIC* , please !!!

I think the discussion pertains to *TEXT MESSAGES* , not the cost of phones !!!

THANKS in advance , for your ensuing cooperation !!!

·
Registered
108 Posts

Thanks,

Dave

I had my infotainment system updated 3 months ago in my 2018 S, before that Text messages did not work at all. Now they work intermittently at best, which sucks because I like to trick my 5yr old boy into thinking the Jag is talking to him by texting myself and hitting the read button :) In a computer voice..."Why did you get in trouble at school today young man?"

Just waiting for the next update for texting to actually work, I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Because they started out Apple users and found out there was life on the other side...

iPhone was my 1st phone, Got disgusted with it and went to Moto's for a bit then to Samsung's.. Never looked back...:laugh:

·
Registered
507 Posts

Technology, and hardware in particular, has gotten cheaper over time, not remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

Today's equivalent of a $2000 level laptop from ten years ago will cost you a couple hundred bucks. You're getting pretty marginal increases in performance from a user perspective for a fairly significant increase in price.

·
F Pace Expert
2,629 Posts
Technology, and hardware in particular, has gotten cheaper over time, not remained flat when adjusted for inflation.

Today's equivalent of a $2000 level laptop from ten years ago will cost you a couple hundred bucks. You're getting pretty marginal increases in performance from a user perspective for a fairly significant increase in price.

Not sure what phone you are using but my iPhone X has orders of magnitude more performance/capability/value/productivity than a circa 2007 phone. Laptops similar, at the same price point as ten years ago, capabilities are many many times what same price point bought 10 years ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use Android; my wife has an iPhone which I can't stand! To each their own I guess...

Anyway, back on topic;
My 2017 S with ICTP has not had a software update (to my knowledge) in probably more than a year. Everything works fine, so am a bit apprehensive to have the software messed with for something that ain't "broke", but text messaging would be cool as heck to have. Was surprised it was missing when I bought the car. From other post I've read here, seems there are other trick improvements / additions to be had with the update. Thoughts? I have no idea what my current version is, much less how to check it. Thanks folks!

·
F Pace Expert
2,629 Posts
I use Android; my wife has an iPhone which I can't stand! To each their own I guess...

Anyway, back on topic;
My 2017 S with ICTP has not had a software update (to my knowledge) in probably more than a year. Everything works fine, so am a bit apprehensive to have the software messed with for something that ain't "broke", but text messaging would be cool as heck to have. Was surprised it was missing when I bought the car. From other post I've read here, seems there are other trick improvements / additions to be had with the update. Thoughts? I have no idea what my current version is, much less how to check it. Thanks folks!
Absolutely worth updating. 98% certain nothing will be messed up and there are tons and tons of improvements behind the scenes. I think you'll find the whole thing more responsive. Text messaging, and voice navigation are major improvements. Be sure to do a map update AFTER you get the ICTP update. See elsewhere on here if you don't know how to do that but it's pretty easy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, I will try that and see what happens. I do use an iPhone 7.

Also, thanks to another reply, I added a signature with a little more info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the advice, I tried to add a signature, we'll see how that works!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I tested, and did receive a text message. The readout function also worked. However, the Reply function softkey was grayed out. Should I be able to reply? I wasn't driving, the engine was not running, just had the accessories on.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not sure what phone you are using but my iPhone X has orders of magnitude more performance/capability/value/productivity than a circa 2007 phone. Laptops similar, at the same price point as ten years ago, capabilities are many many times what same price point bought 10 years ago.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. Cell phone technology has advanced in major ways in ten years, no argument there. I was really referring there to the model year increments. Apologies for my poor wording.

Disagree with your contention about laptops though. You can get a mid range laptop today that is orders of magnitude more performant than a mid range laptop from ten years ago at a fraction of the cost. The technology and hardware have improved similarly to cell phones, and yet prices have dropped.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
*BACK ON TOPIC* , please !!!

I think the discussion pertains to *TEXT MESSAGES* , not the cost of phones !!!

THANKS in advance , for your ensuing cooperation !!!
@GRVR.....That's funny I don't see administrator, or policeman under your name>:) Oh, by the way we're not talking about flip phones here:laugh:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thank you for the advice, I tried to add a signature, we'll see how that works!
Thanks David, adding your info to the signature will help a lot in the future. Welcome aboard:)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Ok, I tested, and did receive a text message. The readout function also worked. However, the Reply function softkey was grayed out. Should I be able to reply? I wasn't driving, the engine was not running, just had the accessories on.
I am interested to hear what the ICTP users have to say regarding the ability to reply.
I have ICT, and it's like most smart watches, you can get messages, but cannot reply, except for canned responses the basically acknowledge receipt of the message.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts