Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering buying the F-Pace S 2017 and after quite a few of configuration on the site, I think I have narrowed down my setup. But wanted to confirm and get some of the lucky owners of the F-PACE opinions.

Is the technology package worth it? I mean I only need it because of the sound system really. Navigation I hardly would use and if needed it I always have my phone etc. I guess the next question is for those of you who DO NOT have the tech. package how is the sound system? Do you feel it is lacking in any way?

I come from 2011 Audi S4 with Bose sound system so I do not want to go down in sound quality etc.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Is it worth $3200? Probably not. But I wouldn't think of ordering without it. Love the upgraded stereo, CD (when it's working right!!!), and most especially the virtual instrument cluster to display the moving map directly in front of me. When I test drove it, that sealed the deal. I'm told the standard ICT has a lag to it due to a slower processor, but it has less glitches and voice activated nav destinations, which is a plus. No personal experience with ICT. Other than the problems I've had with the CD player, my ICTP has been great.

Reactions: Hayseed_FP

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is it worth $3200? Probably not.
Would I buy it again? ****, yes!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
You can't get a 2017 unless you pick one off a dealer's lot. You can't order one at this point. You'll have to settle for a 2018.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
But there are a lot of unsold 2017s still, so it's conceivable to find one with ICTP or one without on a dealership lot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have BRG with technology package and drove loaner without it for a few days. ICTP feels more modern and snappier.
Difference in audio quality was actually noticeable to me. Big LCD is easier to read than old school wells.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
225 Posts
Definitely worth it - the digital cluster and the ability to move the navigation map is great. Its a good nav system to use even with your phone by your side. I came from an Audi S4 (14) with the B&O system in it - the Meridian system in the FP is good, not as good as the B&O but it will be much better than your Bose system. My SQ5 has the B&O system as well and when I drive them back to back, the B&O is still slightly better but the Meridian is no slouch. I blast that thing on my commute home with little issue.

I also think it looks better - the larger screen in the console with fewer buttons makes it look more refined.

Reactions: Turbodog and VZX-CO

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have owned an F-Pace Premium with the basic navigation pkg and then bought an F-Pace Prestige with the $3200 technology package. The Technology package navigation is definitely easier to read, and the sound system is much better than the standard set up. However, I have yet to get all the features to work correctly, the aps are not that helpful, and the absence of voice control is a substantial negative for me. If I had it to do over (but no way am I buying a third F-Pace in 6 months0:)), I'd forgo the Tech Pkg and save the money. Now if the dealer finally gets the **** thing working properly next week, then I'll probably be glad I got it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts