Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to build an F-Pace S, I love listening to music in the car and the upgraded speaker is the biggest reason that I am considering getting the Tech pack. Yet I struggle because $3,200 is a bit expensive and I don't know if it's worth it. So I appreciate any ideas and experience with the ICTP and speakers.

Things I like about Tech Pack:
better speaker??? (I wonder how much of a difference does the upgraded speaker make, except it's louder)
bigger center counsel screen
faster response
having a NAV screen in instrument display

Things I dislike:
I prefer analog more than digital display
Google Map is always better than the built-in NAV?
The ICTP apps are useless (except remote start) and I heard it freezes.

Thank you so much guys! Expecting to place the $1,000 deposit to order the car soon and join the fam!

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
There are numerous threads on here about all the questions you pose. You might search for ICTP or Meridian.

Reactions: normanye1

·
Registered
545 Posts
Based on everything, I think ICTP is a risky commitment at this time. However, I am not that big of an audiophile and believe the ICT has a very acceptable audio system. It is very possible, the risk of going with ICTP will be greatly diminished in the next 1-3 months if bugs are fixed and functionality (voice) added. You are correct....$3,200 is a lot to spend if you are not sure about it.

We all have our priorities and if I had to make the decision now, I would go with ICT without looking back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,
I am looking to build an F-Pace S, I love listening to music in the car and the upgraded speaker is the biggest reason that I am considering getting the Tech pack. Yet I struggle because $3,200 is a bit expensive and I don't know if it's worth it. So I appreciate any ideas and experience with the ICTP and speakers.

better speaker??? (I wonder how much of a difference does the upgraded speaker make, except it's louder)
faster response

Things I dislike:

Thank you so much guys! Expecting to place the $1,000 deposit to order the car soon and join the fam!
The Meridan 825 is extraordinary. Infinitely adjustable. ICTP is a bit unstable, but expect Jaguar to rectify with software update (s). Overall, more valuable to me than HUD, and other add ons.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi,

faster response

Things I dislike:

I prefer the analog gauges of the ict system and the physical buttons on the nav screen. The stereo system on the ictp pro isn't great. Its better than the ict system but the ICT is acceptable.

The ICTP pro is also buggy and when you pay an extra 3 grand the bugs aren't acceptable IMO.

If you truly like the bigger screen of the pro and don't mind some bugs (that my ict doesn't have) and want a little audio boost you do get a fair amount for your 3K. It also gives the cars interior a WOW factor that it doesn't have otherwise. If your going to keep the car it's going to expensive to fix should it break. In my opinion it isnt worth it.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
If you get ICTP you get the pleasure of griping on here for a while about bugs but eventually, probably sooner rather than later, those will be fixed. It has some nifty features and might gain a few more over time. The general feedback on the upgraded sound ranges all over the map as you can see. Some hate it, some love it. One car reviewer (the review is somewhere linked under the review) noted that it produces a much more natural sound than most systems and therefore might sound different to those used to auto sound systems that try to enhance the sound. Some of the complaints seem solved by speakers wearing in and tweaking settings. If you really like good sound it seems to me you should strongly consider ICTP, or as others suggest put in an aftermarket system though I think that might quickly add up in $$$.

Two suggestions:
a) stop by a dealership and see if you can see both, doesn't even have to be in an F-Pace as the ICTP is available in other Jaguars. While there get the physical F-Pace brochure so you can read about details.
b) if you have an IPad or access to one download the Jaguar ICTP demo and go through it. I found it helpful to really see what ICTP can do. You search for "Jaguar In Control" and it should pop up.

Finally, if you go with ICT when you get your vehicle are you going to forever be driving around thinking "gee, I wonder if I should have got ICTP"?

PS: In interest of full disclosure I have neither yet as my vehicle is due west of Zihuatanejo, Baja headed north to California.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the opportunity to drive an XF loaner for a couple of months while my re-ordered FP was being built. The loaner had the base ICT system and the FP has the ICTP system. My personal take:

The ICT system is painfully slow - entering a destination is tough because of the long lag between hitting the letter and the system accepting it and moving to the next character.
Same said for the map - resizing or reorienting was really slow and laggy.
ICT was not bug-free and had its own set of issues with balky start up
I do agree that the larger physical buttons are easier to work with. I am, however, getting better at my aim with the ICTP system
Big plus for the ICTP is the ability to customize your own home pages. I've got 2 set up already as a one-touch command center (one for media, the other for frequent phone dialing and other settings)
I can't say I can tell that much difference in the Meridian audio - both were fine and I have a habit of listening to Pandora which has crappy sound quality to begin with.
The virtual dash is a bit of a gimmick, but I do like the graphic I've chosen. Haven't had the need to pull the map over to it so don't know how helpful that will be.
All in all I'm glad I got the ICTP option. Haven't experienced the bugs others have (at least not yet....)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Since you prefer the analog anyways, and given issues with ICTP and your nervousness regarding it, seems to me you should skip the technology package and then just spend half of what the package would have cost to get an aftermarket upgraded sound system. You could likely even end up with something superior to the 825 Meridian sound system doing it this way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ICTP is unfortunately a pretty but half-baked cake. It's very buggy...despite Intel having collaborated with JLR on its development for 4 years. After the latest software update, I am not getting total freezes anymore...but plenty of weird stuff still happens. I have never owned a car with such buggy electronics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The way it seems to me is that the technology and underpinnings of the ICTP system are a significant advance over the previous system and offers a large scope for improvement with the software sitting on top of it only getting better over time. Whereas, the technology with the older ICT system will limit any improvements to the software which will likely come at a slower pace than the ICTP system.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Greetings,

I enjoy the ICTP system. It's nice to tailgate and watch one of my favorite movies while the burgers are cooking :).

The bigger screen and the abilities that are offered are much more superior than the basic system. You make the choice. Bugs exist in all computer systems. How often does Microsoft 10 update its IOS? If you have Microsoft 10 and are part of the developer circle, you will know that updates have been a constant evolution. :(

Jaguar is a pioneer in technology and I know it will only get better. Having the ICTP with its ability to be reflashed and updated as needed is an excellent product development.

Best regards

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the opportunity to drive an XF loaner for a couple of months while my re-ordered FP was being built. The loaner had the base ICT system and the FP has the ICTP system. My personal take:

The ICT system is painfully slow - entering a destination is tough because of the long lag between hitting the letter and the system accepting it and moving to the next character.
Same said for the map - resizing or reorienting was really slow and laggy.
ICT was not bug-free and had its own set of issues with balky start up
I do agree that the larger physical buttons are easier to work with. I am, however, getting better at my aim with the ICTP system
Big plus for the ICTP is the ability to customize your own home pages. I've got 2 set up already as a one-touch command center (one for media, the other for frequent phone dialing and other settings)
I can't say I can tell that much difference in the Meridian audio - both were fine and I have a habit of listening to Pandora which has crappy sound quality to begin with.
The virtual dash is a bit of a gimmick, but I do like the graphic I've chosen. Haven't had the need to pull the map over to it so don't know how helpful that will be.
All in all I'm glad I got the ICTP option. Haven't experienced the bugs others have (at least not yet....)
Good to hear you haven't experienced any of the ICTP issues that others have. May I ask when your re-ordered FP was built?

·
Registered
197 Posts
do not order ICTP. People on this forum act like it is a brand new system unveiled on the F-Pace when in reality it came out on some 2016 MY Jags.

It's very unlikely they'll make significant progress in fixing all of the bugs--they seem very diverse and the fact that they're still present in a system that has been shipping for nearly a year is very telling. Never rely on a British company for your technology needs. :)

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
do not order ICTP. People on this forum act like it is a brand new system unveiled on the F-Pace when in reality it came out on some 2016 MY Jags.

It's very unlikely they'll make significant progress in fixing all of the bugs--they seem very diverse and the fact that they're still present in a system that has been shipping for nearly a year is very telling. Never rely on a British company for your technology needs. :)
The alternative is a very archaic system with a small screen, and unfortunately they package the virtual instrument cluster with the ICTP.

If you don't mind a few minor bugs here and there, IMO, it's well worth it for the display quality and virtual instrument cluster.

Also the upgraded Meridian system isn't super great, so I'd hate to see what the base system sounds like.

In summary....though there are a few bugs (and evidence that they are fixing them, perhaps slowly), the value proposition is high because of the other systems they package with it.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts

I'd dispute much of what is said above. Jaguar seems committed to finding and stamping out bugs though in this day and age of instantaneous gratification not fast enough for a lot of people though it's a complex system that likely needs a lot of debugging and testing before rolling out fixes. They have a process, if dealers follow it, for collecting and analyzing problems. So you can make an informed decision here's the latest:

--------------------------
Reference SSM72845Models F-PACE / X761
F-TYPE / X152
XE / X760
XF / X260
XJ / X351
Title InControl Touch Pro, Nerve Centre support updateCategory ElectricalLast modified 05-Jul-2016 00:00:00Symptom 207000 Entertainment Systems Vehicle Lines Affected
XF(X260) In progress
XE(X760) In progress
F Pace (X761) In progress
XJ (X351) In progress
F Type(X152 18my) Start 20th February 2017

Issue
Introduction of new technology.

Cause
Service Compliance Notification JLRP00052V3 has been re-issued to support the further introduction of the new InControl Touch Pro system to the Jaguar and LandRover ranges, this is notification of an extension of the existing InControl Touch Pro Nerve centre to widen the scope of support across newly added model lines (see above). The central JLR team has again formed a Nerve Centre to promote rapid identification and resolution of customer concerns. This process is effective from the moment you receive your first vehicles, and will run until further notice.

Action
The Nerve Centre relies on Quality Reports from technicians, so with immediate effect, we request that a Quality Report is submitted for every infotainment related repair carried out on any Jaguar or LandRover with InControl Touch Pro. Where technical help is required, please submit a TA (request for Technical Assistance). Upon receipt of the TA, advice will be given, and / or arrangements made for a dealer visit should it be deemed necessary.

Quality Report Best Practice

• Clearly detail the reported customer concern, what was found to be wrong and what was done to fix the issue.
  • Photographs, video clips, sound files & session files are strongly recommended to enable us to fully understand the concern. Photographs which are clear and in focus, showing a wide angle shot and also a close up are of great benefit. Jaguar Land Rover encourages you to use attachments on all of your Quality & Technical Reports.
  • Use each Quality Report to advice of one issue only; more than one issue on the same vehicle will require more than one report. However, it is acceptable to enter several VINs on one report if you have more than one vehicle affected with the same customer symptom. This allows us to assign the report directly to the appropriate Engineer.
  • The Nerve Centre team will respond to Quality Reports to request further information and / or parts returns where applicable, as such, please review your submissions regularly to aid prompt communication.
  • Do not use a Quality Report to ask a technical question or seek warranty approval. This is the purpose of a TA or FRED request.
--------------------
This is an update to this special service message last updated in February which said in part:

[FONT=CIDFont+F2][FONT=CIDFont+F2]During the launch phase, all Quality Reports and any TA escalated to our Global Dealer[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=CIDFont+F2][/FONT][FONT=CIDFont+F2][/FONT][FONT=CIDFont+F2][FONT=CIDFont+F2]team are reviewed on a twice daily basis by the Nerve Centre Team, comprising representatives from Service, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. It is the purpose of the Nerve Centre to deliver production and service fixes in the shortest time scale and, where appropriate, to communicate these fixes to all of our dealers and repairer partners via our usual communication channels. In addition, weekly reports will be issued to technical hubs, containing a summary of all issues raised and performance metrics on issue closure.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=CIDFont+F2]

[/FONT][FONT=CIDFont+F2][/FONT]

·
Registered
151 Posts

It's very unlikely they'll make significant progress in fixing all of the bugs--they seem very diverse and the fact that they're still present in a system that has been shipping for nearly a year is very telling. Never rely on a British company for your technology needs.
The alternative is a very archaic system with a small screen, and unfortunately they package the virtual instrument cluster with the ICTP.

If you don't mind a few minor bugs here and there, IMO, it's well worth it for the display quality and virtual instrument cluster.

Also the upgraded Meridian system isn't super great, so I'd hate to see what the base system sounds like.

In summary....though there are a few bugs (and evidence that they are fixing them, perhaps slowly), the value proposition is high because of the other systems they package with it.

Base system sounds fine.

The screen size of the ict is fine and the system actually has features the pro doesn't. The base system is fairly responsive. Also analog gauges are better!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you get ICTP you get the pleasure of griping on here for a while about bugs but eventually, probably sooner rather than later, those will be fixed. It has some nifty features and might gain a few more over time. The general feedback on the upgraded sound ranges all over the map as you can see. Some hate it, some love it. One car reviewer (the review is somewhere linked under the review) noted that it produces a much more natural sound than most systems and therefore might sound different to those used to auto sound systems that try to enhance the sound. Some of the complaints seem solved by speakers wearing in and tweaking settings. If you really like good sound it seems to me you should strongly consider ICTP, or as others suggest put in an aftermarket system though I think that might quickly add up in $$$.

Two suggestions:
a) stop by a dealership and see if you can see both, doesn't even have to be in an F-Pace as the ICTP is available in other Jaguars. While there get the physical F-Pace brochure so you can read about details.
b) if you have an IPad or access to one download the Jaguar ICTP demo and go through it. I found it helpful to really see what ICTP can do. You search for "Jaguar In Control" and it should pop up.

Finally, if you go with ICT when you get your vehicle are you going to forever be driving around thinking "gee, I wonder if I should have got ICTP"?

PS: In interest of full disclosure I have neither yet as my vehicle is due west of Zihuatanejo, Baja headed north to California.
I see. The mixed feelings about the sound system is real. I don't know why Jaguar doesn't sell these upgrades separately like it is in the UK, but instead pack them altogether in North America. Do you think the technology pack will get my resale value significantly higher (after 3 yrs)? If I do get an aftermarket system, do you think I will lose my warranty because of a different sound system? Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greetings,

I enjoy the ICTP system. It's nice to tailgate and watch one of my favorite movies while the burgers are cooking :).

The bigger screen and the abilities that are offered are much more superior than the basic system. You make the choice. Bugs exist in all computer systems. How often does Microsoft 10 update its IOS? If you have Microsoft 10 and are part of the developer circle, you will know that updates have been a constant evolution. :(

Jaguar is a pioneer in technology and I know it will only get better. Having the ICTP with its ability to be reflashed and updated as needed is an excellent product development.

Best regards
Thank you for your insight! It's true all systems get bugs, especially at launch. I am hoping Jaguar will constantly update the software and hopefully add support to Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based on everything, I think ICTP is a risky commitment at this time. However, I am not that big of an audiophile and believe the ICT has a very acceptable audio system. It is very possible, the risk of going with ICTP will be greatly diminished in the next 1-3 months if bugs are fixed and functionality (voice) added. You are correct....$3,200 is a lot to spend if you are not sure about it.

We all have our priorities and if I had to make the decision now, I would go with ICT without looking back.
As you said, the current ICTP doesn't have voice command. Do you think Jaguar will update and add voice command to the current ICTPs when newly delivered F-Pace get it at launch?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts