Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos attached are of my 2017 F-Pace. The Tail Lights are delaminating and cracking around the edges where the light is sealed to black edge.
The car is mostly garaged except on the weekend and can be out in hot southern California sun for several hours. I have never been in an accident either.

Has anybody seen this type of defect on their F-Pace? You may have to look closely at older cars at the light edge. My drivers side light is worse than the passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Yes!!!!!! I have already had the headlamps on my MY 2018 replaced due to this same issue and have recently (during lockdown) sent pictures to my SA regarding one of the rear as well and last week noticed it on both rear.
see headlamp delamination here Headlamp Bubbles & Trim Discoloration

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, this information is useful. I took another look at my headlamps and there is some sort of factory tint film that is probably protecting the plastic from the sun. There is no cracking whatsoever. After the dealer replaces the rear lights next week I'll invest in a UV film for protection.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
516 Posts
My Cat is three years old. Never garaged - it is exposed to the Florida sun and elements 24/7. The lights all look new.

But I had it ceramic-coated as soon as I bought it, and had the tail lights smoked/tinted about six months later (didn't like the orangish color contrasting with the red car, and it has the black trim package).

Reactions: Jag450
1 - 4 of 4 Posts