Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else purchase this and is having a problem with fit? It is nearly impossible to get around the front mirror and you need to move the mirror around each time; it also seems too wide.
Weird thing is it fits my 2008 XJ VDP almost perfectly.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yes, I purchased it and it was initially a pain in the a$$ to get in there until I figured out the trick. Here it is.... Open it completely up, keep it level on the dash and push it all the way forward carefully into the gap between the windshield and the very front of the dash. There is a slot there that it will slide into (trust me it will if you have it completely opened). When it can't go any further forward, lift it up, slide around the rear view mirror. You will have to move the mirror just a little bit.

Only takes me about 5 seconds to get it installed now. My biggest problem with it is that while it folds up nice and easy, it's not really small enough to put anywhere other than in the rear boot. Mostly I leave it laying in the back seat foot wells, during the week, and on the weekend if I have folks in the back I just toss it in the boot.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I just purchased one of these , but haven't received it yet ! So I Greatly Appreciate the PA-FPace-F "Installation Manual" for this item ! THANKS !

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the same problem. I lay it out fully unfolded and the slide it in and up - mirror is an issue - always have to adjust it. The more it gets used the more flexible it gets.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
33 Posts
I follow the same thing PA mentioned with a little change.

Open it all flat except left side last fold. Leave it folded. As PA mentioned "keep it level on the dash and push it all the way forward carefully into the gap between the windshield and the very front of the dash. There is a slot there that it will slide into. When it can't go any further forward, lift it up, slide around the rear view mirror." When you slide it around the mirror push it behind the mirror on right hand side first, then pull the entire sunshade towards the left side where you had las piece still folded. Now you can push the right side behind the mirror without moving mirror at all. Once the shade is behind the mirror pull it towards right again to bring in the center and unfold the last left hand side partition. the lower left corner might rub a little through your dash. But, I though it is better than moving the mirror every day twice. You remove it the same way.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is an old thread but wanted to ask if anyone had purchased the jag branded sunshade for a MY18 R-Sport? If so, does it fit flush to the window?
I purchased a CoverCraft UVS100 and it hits the electronics behind the mirror. I checked with CoverCraft and their response was that that is the design and my option is to return it. I have attached a (poor) picture of the fit.
I am hoping that the Jag one fits correctly but don't want to go through the hassle of returning this one and end up with the same fit issue.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
This is an old thread but wanted to ask if anyone had purchased the jag branded sunshade for a MY18 R-Sport? If so, does it fit flush to the window?
I purchased a CoverCraft UVS100 and it hits the electronics behind the mirror. I checked with CoverCraft and their response was that that is the design and my option is to return it. I have attached a (poor) picture of the fit.
I am hoping that the Jag one fits correctly but don't want to go through the hassle of returning this one and end up with the same fit issue.
Thanks!
I have it for my MY18 Prestige. I think it fits great! If you like, I’ll try and get a pic for you tomorrow...but I am fairly certain it is a better fit than that. It was one of the only accessories I would’ve bought, but dealer gave it to me for free.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
By the way folks, I got frustrated with readjusting the mirror everytime and as I noted in another thread here, I eventually cut the Jag Sunshade so I can get it easily around the mirror.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine seems to install pretty easily. There is a Jaguar "fitting instruction" document somewhere that shows the procedure. You slide the bottom all the way in, tilt the mirror 45%, push the top opening around the mirror and back to normal position with the mirror.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I don't know why auotmakers have not come up with one installed in the dash or headliner, powered like a window shade. Seems it would be a profitable option. Fabric similar to that which deploys for the pano roof.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I don't know why auotmakers have not come up with one installed in the dash or headliner, powered like a window shade. Seems it would be a profitable option. Fabric similar to that which deploys for the pano roof.
I’ve thought the same thing - they have them in the rear windows. I’m guessing it’s a safety issue. If the system (or an occupant) accidentally deployed the rear one, you could still drive forward without issue. If the system (or an occupant) accidentally deployed the front one, ruh-roh.

I’m sure it could be programmed for several failsafe scenarios, but I’m also sure no one wants that liability.

·
Registered
98 Posts
But does it fit flush to the windscreen or hit the mirror bump? or are there different size mirror bumps depending on trim/options?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
But does it fit flush to the windscreen or hit the mirror bump? or are there different size mirror bumps depending on trim/options?
I ran out and took pics for you. I don’t think the mirror bump is different sizes on different trims.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the Photos! It certainly looks like the shade does not hit the mirror bump. Guess the best course is to return the Covercraft version and get the Jag version.
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Sorry the pics are upside down......I am still trying to figure out a way to post them from my phone and not have to rotate them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I initially purchased the T4A4216 from a Jaguar Dealer listing on eBay and the fitment was terrible... side to side gaps, gaps on top, and the acrobatic move around the mirror, I knew something was wrong.

So I did a little digging. I found the part number on the Jaguar accessories page listing the part number as T4A18303. I ordered the second one from https://www.wholesalejaguarlandroverparts.com/

It came in today, and it fits better, I’d say 95% coverage. The best thing is I do not have to move the mirror to install/remove it.

For those who have purchased the OEM sunshade, I’m looking for a visual confirmation on the part number of the sunshade you ordered?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I initially purchased the T4A4216 from a Jaguar Dealer listing on eBay and the fitment was terrible... side to side gaps, gaps on top, and the acrobatic move around the mirror, I knew something was wrong.

So I did a little digging. I found the part number on the Jaguar accessories page listing the part number as T4A18303. I ordered the second one from https://www.wholesalejaguarlandroverparts.com/

It came in today, and it fits better, I’d say 95% coverage. The best thing is I do not have to move the mirror to install/remove it.

For those who have purchased the OEM sunshade, I’m looking for a visual confirmation on the part number of the sunshade you ordered?
I got mine from the dealership included, here is the tag from the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Mine is 4216, and a bit of a pain to install and remove. I am going to take your lead and order the 18303.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The one I bought for my 2017 is a T4A4216 and it fits perfectly.
I checked my accessories catalog and that's the correct number.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts