Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 FPace will not start. We have changed the Key Fob batteries.The main car battery. The Alternator. Car ignition only switches on with key fob pressed against the steering coluum. Am thinking it could be that it could be that the Software needs updating but there is no Settings, Software Update, on the car display.
Has anyone else had this problem ? All systems close down?
When we have it started it, it seems to close down when we have lifted the Trunk, manually.
Have lost use of the car these last four weeks, went out and bought a Ford.

·
Registered
266 Posts
. . . . and you didn't flat bed it to your dealer because?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
so many questions.
is it still under warranty? If so take it to dealer
ICT or ICTP
Does key fob have a cover on it?
Did you try the 2nd key fob?
is it petrol or diesel?
Is your foot on the brake?
Is the vehicle in Park?
Have you had the new battery/alternator tested and/or tried another?
unless you have passed mileage this vehicle should still be under warranty and taken directly to dealer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are in the U.S.Virgin Islands, no dealer here. I bought it 18 months ago from Jaguar Palm Beach. It now has 10,500 miles on it. Palm Beach Service say, “bring it back” but that would cost over $4000 and it would be away two months.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
We are in the U.S.Virgin Islands, no dealer here. I bought it 18 months ago from Jaguar Palm Beach. It now has 10,500 miles on it. Palm Beach Service say, “bring it back” but that would cost over $4000 and it would be away two months.
you can search "won't start" here and find many threads to read through but if you want it fixed under warranty which will expire at 5 yrs after original sale date then you need to figure out how to get it back to Palm Beach or risk it becoming a lawn ornament

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been told that it needs the Soft Ware updating, that Dealerships cannot download and send this out but they are available. Where?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have been told that it needs the Soft Ware updating, that Dealerships cannot download and send this out but they are available. Where?
Unlikely they are available to you outside of the dealership. I'm not sure why an old software version would prevent the car from starting though.

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Registered
55 Posts
Car ignition only switches on with key fob pressed against the steering coluum.
That was a sign of the fob being dead on my Jeeps and, I assume, the Jag as well. So I’d start diagnosing there, with another fob if possible. It seems silly, but check that the batteries are in the fob correctly. I’ve had to fix that on several fobs from friends and family in the past since they’re not always clearly marked which direction to install them. If the vehicle loses contact with the fob, it only makes sense that it would not start or shut off as a security feature. I suppose it’s possible for a fob to become corrupted or need to be re-sync’d with the car, which would likely also be a trip to a dealer for repair. It’s also possible for the vehicle software to be corrupted somehow. I don’t really see much of an option except taking it back to a dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have you taken it to a local mechanic to have them hook up an OBD reader and see if there are any error codes available? You can also buy readers online for not too much money, and there are several older threads on the forum about OBD readers and associated software various folks have tried. While I can see the USVI not having a Jaguar dealer, are there no independent Land Rover certified mechanics around? I feel like I've seen a bunch of land rovers down that way, and an F-Pace has many of the same software internals as a Land Rover Velar.

Alternatively, can you get the car to Puerto Rico easier / faster than back to Florida? Is there still a car ferry between STT and PR? That used to be only a two hour ride, and I'd be shocked if there isn't at least a Jaguar dealer in PR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts