Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what exactly the setting #7, called ANIMATIONS does?..option are; ON or OFF

here is the page from the OM..no explanation I could find. (says Yoda):confused:

SYSTEM SETTINGS
A list of available categories are displayed in the System screen when it is selected from the GENERAL SETTINGS menu screen. Touch to display the list of settings for the required system:
  1. Language.
  2. Time & Date.
  3. Volume settings.
  4. Unit of measurement: Miles or Kilometers.
  5. Automatic show In Control: Automatically launches In Control apps when a smartphone is plugged into the USB port.
  6. Beep.
  7. Animations.
  8. Automatic text scrolling.
  9. Screensaver.
  10. Dynamic Home Menu.
  11. Delete all personal data.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I assume that there must be some sort of animation for the ICTP system. I vote turn it off.....press on a few things, then turn it back on and see what changes.
Officially I am no help since I don't even have my F-Pace yet. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anybody know what exactly the setting #7, called ANIMATIONS does?..option are; ON or OFF

here is the page from the OM..no explanation I could find. (says Yoda):confused:

SYSTEM SETTINGS
A list of available categories are displayed in the System screen when it is selected from the GENERAL SETTINGS menu screen. Touch to display the list of settings for the required system:
  1. Language.
  2. Time & Date.
  3. Volume settings.
  4. Unit of measurement: Miles or Kilometers.
  5. Automatic show In Control: Automatically launches In Control apps when a smartphone is plugged into the USB port.
  6. Beep.
  7. Animations.
  8. Automatic text scrolling.
  9. Screensaver.
  10. Dynamic Home Menu.
  11. Delete all personal data.
It turns on/off some very minor animations on the screen. For example, when you turn off the A/C system, a popup appears that says "Climate System Off". If animations is turned on, the popup slides up from the bottom of the screen. If animations is turned off, the popup simply appears.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns on/off some very minor animations on the screen. For example, when you turn off the A/C system, a popup appears that says "Climate System Off". If animations is turned on, the popup slides up from the bottom of the screen. If animations is turned off, the popup simply appears.
Thanks for the help:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Is that settings page only on ICT and not ICTP? I do not have that screen on my ICTP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can someone please tell me how to change the screensaver on the instrument panel cluster (between the tachometer and speedometer). I had set the "screensaver" earlier from the System Settings menu, but the car went in to fix an Auto Stop Start problem, and the workshop has done a complete reset. While I had an illustration of the leaper as my chosen option, I remember there were other options as well. Now, after the system re-set, on the System Settings menu there is simply a checkbox on the right of Screensaver. But I have no idea on how to make changes to the 'screensaver' as I had done before.

The menu is:
Language.
Time & Date.
Volume settings.
Unit of measurement: Miles or Kilometers.
Beep. [ ]
Animations. [ ]
Automatic text scrolling. [ ]
Screensaver. [ ]
Dynamic Home Menu. [ ]
Delete all personal data. [ ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found out. It is via the Menu button on the steering wheel. The default opens on Trip Info, but there are two arrow icons at the top and bottom which scroll through various settings options, including Vehicle Settings, Display Settings. To set what shows up in that center panel between the tach and the speedo, toggle to Display Settings and you can pick between Audio, Logo and Trip Info. I did pick the Leaper logo, but the Trip Info is quite handy I thought.

By the way:

On the main Systems Settings menu on the large ICT panel (center of dashboard), the Screensaver toggle on (tickbox) shows the leaper when the large main ICT panel is off.

The menu is:
Language.
Time & Date.
Volume settings.
Unit of measurement: Miles or Kilometers.
Beep. [ ]
Animations. [ ]
Automatic text scrolling. [ ]
Screensaver. [ ]
Dynamic Home Menu. [ ]
Delete all personal data. [ ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts