Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so this one has me stumped.

Each and every time I drive along a particular street in Toronto, I come to a certain location while moving that causes the F-Pace to emit a quick electronic "beep beep" as I pass through the spot. I'm not sure what it is nor what the vehicle is acknowledging when emitting the sound, but it happens every time. It doesn't seem to impact connections in anyway that I can see, but something obviously is picked up in the environment to which the vehicle react. Any else ever notice this? Thoughts?

·
Registered
97 Posts
You passed over the Kathleen Wynne Environmental Monitor thus your electrical bill is set to increase again. Plus you are set to receive a notice on emissions which will be posted in the Toronto Star listings of violators.

For those outside of Canada, she is the incompetent, environmental nut, liberal Premier of Ontario who has bankrupted a once prosperous province.

>:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

Each and every time I drive along a particular street in Toronto, I come to a certain location while moving that causes the F-Pace to emit a quick electronic "beep beep" as I pass through the spot. I'm not sure what it is nor what the vehicle is acknowledging when emitting the sound, but it happens every time. It doesn't seem to impact connections in anyway that I can see, but something obviously is picked up in the environment to which the vehicle react. Any else ever notice this? Thoughts?
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your dilemma, but if you give the location, I will try it the next time I'm in TO. It will be interesting to check it out, since I have ICT not ICTP. Where in the vehicle does the beeping come from?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your dilemma, but if you give the location, I will try it the next time I'm in TO. It will be interesting to check it out, since I have ICT not ICTP. Where in the vehicle does the beeping come from?
Southbound on Leslie just before you reach Lawrence.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could be a Traffic Camera in the area, if you have that selected under nav settings
Ooh. You may be on to something here. That sounds promising. I'm not sure if there is a camera there, but is is just as you approach an intersection. I'll remove the camera notification in the NAV settings and test this theory. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Not sure it's the same over your country. I get a peep sound driving along our highway whenever the Fpace is approaching a speed camera 300m in front. I thought it's really cool.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anyone know where to disable if it is the traffic camera warning? Mine came enabled from the factory.
Also is there a setting which keeps a visual reminder of the speed limit whereever you are? I had that in my prev Bimmer thought it was really useful

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooh. You may be on to something here. That sounds promising. I'm not sure if there is a camera there, but is is just as you approach an intersection. I'll remove the camera notification in the NAV settings and test this theory. Thanks for the suggestion.
Update- this was indeed the culprit:
I left setting on in NAV and had map it up and running on ICTP screen. As I came upon location, beep beep...and then I observed a warning come up on right-hand side of split ICTP screen indicating camera at intersection with distance indicator counting down (sorry - no pic). Very cool...:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts

is the beep place on bathurst south of davenport? We think it’s the red light camera

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
is the beep place on bathurst south of davenport? We think it’s the red light camera
Yes the Beep Beep sound is an alert for Red light camera

DP

Reactions: pat604
1 - 15 of 15 Posts