Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Doesn’t seem to be in the I-guide. Good to know though. I almost always use the double lock by habit (hearing the horn chirp to confirm it’s locked)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So the dealer still has my car. They have been checking the ground connectors and said they found some that required attention. They haven't seen the issues since but want to do some more testing. I am going to ask them to check the battery and plan to request that it be replaced. Thanks for all the insights here.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Like PA-FPace-F, was unaware of this feature.
Can someone with the service manual find the section that discusses this and post it.
Not disputing this at all, would just like to read more about it.
I don't believe the owners manual mentions this feature, but it doesn't cover a lot of stuff.
Look at my post from 2017 about the double press of the button, You need to look under arming alarm. When you press twice the car should give conformation chirp ( unless you shut that off in the menu). It puts the ECU in immediate shut down rather then 15 min count down.

DP

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I also , would like to know if this is true, but if it is it almost does not make sense... I have never owned a vehicle that needed special "clicks" or anything extra to shut it off "completely". if it's dormant for say 15 min, it should power all the way down to dormant state, meaning no electrical activity till revived by fob or remote start command. Why in the world should we have to worry if our vehicle is all the way off? and if it isn't could possibly drain the battery?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
I also , would like to know if this is true, but if it is it almost does not make sense... I have never owned a vehicle that needed special "clicks" or anything extra to shut it off "completely". if it's dormant for say 15 min, it should power all the way down to dormant state, meaning no electrical activity till revived by fob or remote start command. Why in the world should we have to worry if our vehicle is all the way off? and if it isn't could possibly drain the battery?
It does shut down after 15 min. however if you need to reset somthing and don’t want to wait 15 min this is a work around (A byproduct of arming the alarm) to save you 15 minutes. Just because I can’t point to this in the owners manual doesn‘t make it any less true. I have show on this forum how to get in to the engineering menu on the ICTP, that’s not in the owners manual either. These cars do not kill a battery if you don‘t drive them, I have had my car sit for 10 days, It opened when grabbed the door handle and started right up when I pressed the start button. If someone is having issue with a car battery going dead in a week then the battery itself has an issue or there is a fault that needs to be addressed.

DP

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
These cars do not kill a battery if you don‘t drive them.

DP
Ahh, but they do, I was in Florida for two months this past winter and my F pace sat in a 50° heated garage. When we got home in two months it barely cranked over and immediately popped up low battery. And this was on the freshly Dealer replaced battery from the summer before....It will go on a tender from now on when we are gone more than a week or so....

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
Ahh, but they do, I was in Florida for two months this past winter and my F pace sat in a 50° heated garage. When we got home in two months it barely cranked over and immediately popped up low battery. And this was on the freshly Dealer replaced battery from the summer before....It will go on a tender from now on when we are gone more than a week or so....
Well two months, thats a different story, it was mentioned like less than two weeks and the battery was dead, that’s not normal. Two months, maybe unhook the battery, then is will not have any load on it.
DP

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like PA-FPace-F, was unaware of this feature.
Can someone with the service manual find the section that discusses this and post it.
Not disputing this at all, would just like to read more about it.
I don't believe the owners manual mentions this feature, but it doesn't cover a lot of stuff.
I don't know if it is in the service manual, as it was told to me. Since I wrote this post, my XJ died and I had to jumpstart it. No fun, It pulled so much power that roadside had to use 2 jump boxes to get it to turn/start. It had been double locked. Turns out that one cell in the battery had died. New battery and all is well!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update, the dealership still has the car. They have tracked to one of many "control modules" that seems to be overheating or failing in some capacity. This failure results in a cascade effect from what I have been told. They have to test each module individually and the outlook isn't good that this will be resolved anytime soon.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Update, the dealership still has the car. They have tracked to one of many "control modules" that seems to be overheating or failing in some capacity. This failure results in a cascade effect from what I have been told. They have to test each module individually and the outlook isn't good that this will be resolved anytime soon.
They've had your car for a MONTH now?!?! Maybe I'm missing something, but at this point I'd demand they replace all the potentially implicated modules. That's crazy long to be trouble shooting an electrical issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
They've had your car for a MONTH now?!?! Maybe I'm missing something, but at this point I'd demand they replace all the potentially implicated modules. That's crazy long to be trouble shooting an electrical issue.
Apparently there are dozens of modules that could be the cause of the problems I am seeing. They have told me its not possible to replace all of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
So, the car has been in and out of the dealership for 7 weeks now. Still no real solution, some of the errors haven't come up but I have seen other new ones. My personal favorite is LKA (Lane Keep Assist) error while the car is at highway speed. I have finally been able to get a case opened with Jaguar corporate and they are "collecting" the necessary information to work out a plan to address this. I have pretty much given up on getting this resolved at the dealership (I will say Jaguar Northfield has been great to deal with even if they haven't been able to remedy the problems). The part that really bugs me is that of all the cars I have had, the F Pace is by the far the most satisfying to drive. I just wish it would not have all these electrical and safety problems. Not sure what my options will be, I have told them at the moment, my only option is to ride out the end of the lease, turn in the car and never buy a Jaguar again. I am hoping this hit home.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar XF 3.0L
10 Posts
So, the car has been in and out of the dealership for 7 weeks now. Still no real solution, some of the errors haven't come up but I have seen other new ones. My personal favorite is LKA (Lane Keep Assist) error while the car is at highway speed..
Howdy Bob!
Thanks for 2 month update yesterday..
It's great when Thread Starters stay on with updates.

My symptoms were pretty identical as referenced here:

The solution was that after 36 months of use the factory Varta AGM battery was ready for replacement. At 34k miles, my Jag dealer replaced it for free ($265 value) and completed a related TSB on an ecu body module... also free.

This saved the day and touch wood the AJ126 is purring like a kitty!
Best..mikey

21 - 34 of 34 Posts