Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting these errors cycling on the display on my 2018 F Pace S for sometime now:

ABS Fault, Stability control not available, Forward Alert Not Available, AEB Not Available, Blind Spot Monitoring system not available, Adaptive Dynamics Fault, ASPC not available Tire Pressure Monitoring, Emergency Braking Assist Not Available...

They cycle over and over. I also feel like the car rides differently when these errors are evident.

It usually happens when its really hot outside but never on the initial startup. It usually happens after a start/stop (like getting gas). Any ideas on what could be going on? I have shown earlier videos to the service people and they have no thoughts on the matter or solutions (not at all happy with this dealer..). I was told to turn the car off and wait 10 minutes for it to go into sleep mode and then restart. Repeat until the errors aren't present. This has been an on going issue for quite some time now.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm going to take a wild guess and say maybe you have loose or bad ground wire... But this is surely for the dealer to solve. Get a video on your cell phone when it happens for reinforcement to the dealer....

·
Registered
451 Posts
...I was told to turn the car off and wait 10 minutes for it to go into sleep mode and then restart. Repeat until the errors aren't present...
The dealer said this to you??? They may as well suggest not to drive the car at all!

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
I know this may have been said may times before but you should shut the car down and lock the doors. Wait about 15-20 minutes and then see what happens. Locking the doors seem to have some effect on the ECU resetting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to take a wild guess and say maybe you have loose or bad ground wire... But this is surely for the dealer to solve. Get a video on your cell phone when it happens for reinforcement to the dealer....
I have been shooting video each time it happens to see if there is a trend. Only trend I can determine so far is outside temperature. Never see this problem in fall/winter/spring.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I know this may have been said may times before but you should shut the car down and lock the doors. Wait about 15-20 minutes and then see what happens. Locking the doors seem to have some effect on the ECU resetting.
Why should an owner have to worry about "Resetting an ECU?" or even knowing how to? This vehicle should be left at the dealer and a suitable loaner given until fixed permanently. Enough evidence has been shown.....

Reactions: Cat Lady

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
Why should an owner have to worry about "Resetting an ECU?" or even knowing how to? This vehicle should be left at the dealer and a suitable loaner given until fixed permanently. Enough evidence has been shown.....
Wow turning off the car and locking it for 15 minutes, that takes a rocket scientist. Most people on the forum already know that is a possible solution and in many cases the issue never returns.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
No ....having to deal with problems like this , with a dealer suggesting dumb fixes and suggesting band aid solutions shows real competence....
Resetting an ECU doesn't sound like a solution to a problem that has been going repeatedly on for "Sometime Now...."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I will be taking the car into another dealership tomorrow and hopefully with a better outcome. I guess I was expecting better customer service from a Jaguar dealership. Thanks for the suggestions on what may be going on here. I will send along feed back once this exercise is complete. Hopeful this will be resolved soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This happened in my F Pace last year. Pretty sure all it is a low or weak battery. They replaced mine and all was well. It threw off all the same codes as yours and it will drive different because the adaptive dynamics fails. It shouldnt be a big deal at all to fix

·
Super Moderator
1,858 Posts
It's amazing that all of these faults would appear while the engine is running and relying on the alternator for power.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I can't rule out the bad ground, but I think Floridacat battery suggestion is right. These cars are sensitive to battery issues (as are the F-Types). Being worse in the heat fits.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
At last years free maintenance my dealer replaced my battery free without request. Showed no symptoms, but he said it had a bad cell during load test. I give him credit for looking. They must be looking for this issue on all vehicles at annual service....

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
My battery was showing more Low Battery warnings right before my annual service in January. I also got a number of errors for AEB Not Available among other errors that were corrected when they replaced the battery under warranty. Systems are very sensitive to battery. However, given the number of issues the OP is reporting I might expect a bad ground. Either way a competent dealer should be able to help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This happened in my F Pace last year. Pretty sure all it is a low or weak battery. They replaced mine and all was well. It threw off all the same codes as yours and it will drive different because the adaptive dynamics fails. It shouldnt be a big deal at all to fix
I've had several Jaguars and this is typical of a battery in a low charge phase. Most owners don't know that if you lock the car with a single push on the remote, it locks like any other brand. However, if you hit the lock button twice, you put the computers into hibernation and I always do this as some of mine don't get driven but once weekly. This keeps the battery from running down and throwing codes. It's trying to keep you running by shutting down the non-essential functions. Eventually the battery charges some or sometimes it's the end of the battery's life. Have someone do a load test and that will determine where your battery is! Good Luck and your dealer should have known this!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
mladams727. Great information, I guess I should have read the ENTIRE manual, but after 4 years of Jaguar ownership I did not know this little tidbit. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
15 Posts
mladams727. Great information, I guess I should have read the ENTIRE manual, but after 4 years of Jaguar ownership I did not know this little tidbit. Thanks for sharing.
I learned about this feature as I was on the launch teams for the '09 XF and the '11 XJ/XJR. We had prototypes for the tour and the people parking the car at the airport for up to 3 days had this problem with dead batteries. Finally, the engineering folks at JLR told us about this feature and it solved the problem. The other surprise was that a modern car can only set about 45 minutes before you deplete the battery in accessory mode. That's why you now see all the cars plugged-in to a floor-mounted outlet at dealerships!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been getting these errors cycling on the display on my 2018 F Pace S for sometime now:

ABS Fault, Stability control not available, Forward Alert Not Available, AEB Not Available, Blind Spot Monitoring system not available, Adaptive Dynamics Fault, ASPC not available Tire Pressure Monitoring, Emergency Braking Assist Not Available...

They cycle over and over. I also feel like the car rides differently when these errors are evident.

It usually happens when its really hot outside but never on the initial startup. It usually happens after a start/stop (like getting gas). Any ideas on what could be going on? I have shown earlier videos to the service people and they have no thoughts on the matter or solutions (not at all happy with this dealer..). I was told to turn the car off and wait 10 minutes for it to go into sleep mode and then restart. Repeat until the errors aren't present. This has been an on going issue for quite some time now.
I had similar issues with my 2017 F-Pace S. Turned out to be low voltage. The battery was replaced (covered by warranty) and everything thing cleared up.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I learned about this feature as I was on the launch teams for the '09 XF and the '11 XJ/XJR. We had prototypes for the tour and the people parking the car at the airport for up to 3 days had this problem with dead batteries. Finally, the engineering folks at JLR told us about this feature and it solved the problem. The other surprise was that a modern car can only set about 45 minutes before you deplete the battery in accessory mode. That's why you now see all the cars plugged-in to a floor-mounted outlet at dealerships!
Like PA-FPace-F, was unaware of this feature.
Can someone with the service manual find the section that discusses this and post it.
Not disputing this at all, would just like to read more about it.
I don't believe the owners manual mentions this feature, but it doesn't cover a lot of stuff.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts