Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought the 2020 F-Pace SVR, and it came with the 22" staggered tires.

The rear is 295/35R22 (front is 265/40/R22) and I haven't found a winter tire that would fit that rear rim. That's my first question - if someone knows a good winter tire that fits the existing rims, that would solve my problem.
  • Can you run a 285/35R22 on the existing rear rims and be fine? There are a lot more true winter tires in this range. The below chart from TireSize.com indicates it might work, but would like onions on this.
If there isn't, then I'm thinking of buy a set of rims specifically for my winter tires.
  • What's the recommended rim size for this with the SVR? 21"? 20"? Not sure what the minimum tire size is with the brake calipers.
  • Should you go staggered on the winter setup? What do you lose if you don't?
  • What are the other rim size considerations/limits on width, etc.? I'm definitely not a rim expert.
  • Is there a particular rim model that you'd recommend that looks close to the OEM style pictured below?
  • Who would you recommend buying rims through? I live in the NW of the United States.
  • Any recommendations on really good winter tires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think the Pirelli Scorpio All-Seasons are solid for winter driving in the mountains?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It really isn't worth mounting and dismounting tires on your rims. Winter is really hard on your rims. Get a new complete set, you will be much happier. Tire rack is your friend here....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have recommend rims? When searching by vehicle, Tire Rack says it doesn't have compatible rims.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Any rim that fits an F-Pace will fit the SVR. So you could change out your rims and tires for the winter and get whatever you want. Personally, I think this is the best approach so you don't beat up your nice rims in the winter. It would work better in that you could go with a Square setup (same size Rims all around with the same size tires on them. What I would do in that case would get a Rim that would fit the F-pace with the 285/35/22 tire on all 4 corners. A 22x10 ET 40 would fit very nicely all around with the 285/35/22 Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires. You could even go with a 21" rim (although there are fewer to select from in that size. If you find a 21 inch rim you like, then 21x10 ET 40 size would be the rim size, and the tires would be 275/45/21 which is a size available in Pirelli Winters.

If you simply want tires on the stock SVR Rims and you really want a winter tire. You can get the Scorpion Winters in the 265/40/22 up front and the 285/35/22 in the rear. The two tires sizes are are within a 1/2 inch in height, which is exactly what the stock tire setup is on the F-Pace SVR. So I think they would be fine.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do you have recommend rims? When searching by vehicle, Tire Rack says it doesn't have compatible rims.
I put 18X8 black rims from TR on mine. Blizzaks, They've never let me down. I could care less what my rims look like in the winter and the ride and traction are better on 18's than on 20's or 22's. Lots cheaper too! Out the door mounted and balanced with TPMS installed for about 1200.00. I've only used them one season, but they stuck like glue to the winter roads that year. A very necessary investment if you are going to drive this fragile bodied vehicle in the winter....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 18X8 black rims from TR on mine. Blizzaks, They've never let me down. I could care less what my rims look like in the winter and the ride and traction are better on 18's than on 20's or 22's. Lots cheaper too! Out the door mounted and balanced with TPMS installed for about 1200.00. I've only used them one season, but they stuck like glue to the winter roads that year. A very necessary investment if you are going to drive this fragile bodied vehicle in the winter....
Thank you - was this on the SVR?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
In my opinion going from 22s to 18s on an SVR isn‘t going to look very good. T’his is why I suggested the 21s or even 20s would be better than dropping to 18s. I‘be been in snow with my F-Pace S, the one before my SVR with Blizzacks on the diamond helix rims and I had no issue getting around. Even in deep snow over a foot deep. Thone tires were 265/40 22s all around and it worked perfectly fine. Find some cheaper 20 or 21 rims and keep the diameter looking good and you won’t lose any capabilities.

Also Kirklandwa, as I said above there is really no difference between the wheels on the stock F-Pace and the SVR. If they fit and clear on an F-Pace, they will do the same on the SVR. Not sure you saw my post above, but I made some specific suggestions on sizes for both wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thank you - was this on the SVR?
No, But as said above, the main things are that the rims clear the brakes, have the right offset and pattern. TR put spacers in mine to match the bore. Worked perfectly. I may agree aesthetically that 18" would look "small" on your vehicle. But when it's 10 degrees, salty and nasty out, and any rim looks like crap, I don't think any one is going to stand around and critique them.... and with easily 1K difference between OEM size and reduced size, that decision would be easy. All they have to do is work, and they do that very well....

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
To be clear, I probably should have added one point on the SVR that stbentoak brough up. I doubt 18s will clear the brakes on the SVR. I would think even 20s may be close, but I’ll have to check when I get back to my SVR. All other factors are the same SVR to standard F-Paces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To be clear, I probably should have added one point on the SVR that stbentoak brough up. I doubt 18s will clear the brakes on the SVR. I would think even 20s may be close, but I’ll have to check when I get back to my SVR. All other factors are the same SVR to standard F-Paces.
Agreed - the SVR has those bigger calipers. Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
So measured and I currently have a little over an 1 inch clearance on the brake caliper on the front with the 22s I have on the car now. The backs are a little over 1 1/4 inch. That means that 20s might fit, but you'd have to get an exact measurement and anything smaller than 20s pretty much won't fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you think the Pirelli Scorpio All-Seasons are solid for winter driving in the mountains?
Hi i use
I just bought the 2020 F-Pace SVR, and it came with the 22" staggered tires.

The rear is 295/35R22 (front is 265/40/R22) and I haven't found a winter tire that would fit that rear rim. That's my first question - if someone knows a good winter tire that fits the existing rims, that would solve my problem.
  • Can you run a 285/35R22 on the existing rear rims and be fine? There are a lot more true winter tires in this range. The below chart from TireSize.com indicates it might work, but would like onions on this.
    View attachment 72427
If there isn't, then I'm thinking of buy a set of rims specifically for my winter tires.
  • What's the recommended rim size for this with the SVR? 21"? 20"? Not sure what the minimum tire size is with the brake calipers.
  • Should you go staggered on the winter setup? What do you lose if you don't?
  • What are the other rim size considerations/limits on width, etc.? I'm definitely not a rim expert.
  • Is there a particular rim model that you'd recommend that looks close to the OEM style pictured below?
  • Who would you recommend buying rims through? I live in the NW of the United States.
  • Any recommendations on really good winter tires?
View attachment 72426
Hi i am from Quebec canada and i use 20 inch nokian hakkapelitta r3 size 265/50r20 on after market ragerover velar mags excellent fit best tires around

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Carmsvr, do you happen to have a picture of your SVR with these on it. I'm really interested in seeing how they look on the car vs the 22s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts