Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I'm the recent owner of a MY21 SVR, which I'm overall very happy with. I have just one weird niggle that I can seem to get my head around.

The steps to re-create the issue are as follows:

1/ Start Up
2/ Engage Dynamic Mode
3/ Put it in reverse
4/ Full lock the steering wheel, either left or right
5/ Try to reverse out

The parking brake seems to come on and stick on and I really have to force it to move. The picture of the car on the reversing camera is also surrounded by a red line too.

If I reverse out in a straight line, I don't think it happens. If I reverse in 'comfort' mode, I don't get this problem.
Is it the case that I shouldn't engage dynamic mode before reversing out of a space that requires a sharp turning angle? I can't find any reference to this in the user manual.

thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing happening with my 2021 SVR. Didn't happen with any of the previous F-Paces I've owned. I didn't link the Dynamic mode setting as a possible factor in this situation for me, but I do put it in dynamic most of the time and this problem only happens from time to time, so I'm going to have to check. I've also noticed since I've gotten the latest PiviPro software which is version 2.1.3 I haven 't had this situation happen so I'm hoping perhaps it's been fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ... at least it sounds like it just isn't me !
Strangely, I can't check the version of my PiviPro as it just says it's up to date already, but the last update date and version are just blank. I'm guessing / hoping because it's only a few weeks old and all updates were done by the dealer before delivery.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Maybe it's a new safety feature (since the wheels are turned all the way and throttle response is increased in Dynamic, maybe Jaguar doesn't want anybody pulling a Mustang-at-Cars-&Coffee in reverse)?

Reactions: NJSVR
1 - 5 of 5 Posts