Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea what the upgraded stereo sounds like in the f pace? Ive only had jags with bowers and wilkins (2012 xjl supercharged)(2012 xfr)(2014 xkr-s gt)(they are in order from best to worst) Really irks me the velar gets a refernce option and the f pace doesn’t.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. I am aware no svr’s delivered yet. But i know the upgraded stereo is a shared part between all f pace models

·
Registered
23 Posts
For what it's worth, the Meridian system in my F-Type SVR is average, at best. Nothing impressive about it whatsoever.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Upon initial usage i was a bit disappointed streaming via Bluetooth. Which I usually never due in any other car. Im usually connected via lightning cable.

Bluetooth streaming was pretty bad. Very muddy sounding. Much worse than i have experienced in any other vehicle that is supposed to have an acceptable to decent factory stereo system

The change to the lighting cable was a pleasant surprise. Much better quality sounding. Good enough for me not to want to modify in any way besides the factory subwoofer which come up a little short as most factory sub woofers do. Compared to other cars i have and or am in regularly with premium stereo

I would put the 825w meridian in the f pace above the 825w meridian in my range rover. I would also consider it better than the bowers and wilkins 3d diamond surround in my brothers bmw 750

Compared to previous cars i have owned the bowers and wilkins in my 2012 xjl i would consider to be better up to volume setting 56. The meridian sacrafices some of the bass for low distortion which to me seems like a Fair trade

Compared to the wifes xc90 with bowers and wilkins... the b&w in the xc90 is hands down better than the 825w meridian. In terms of car audio factory capabilities. I have installed dynamat on the volvo door panel speakers. Made it even better than it was originally

The fpace system would benefit from some minor sound deadening like dynamat. I will probably install some by door panel speakers when i have a chance.

Again im not comparing any of these to home audio systems. Just factory car audio

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I mentioned this in the SVR thread on deliveries, but I'm very happy with the changes to the 2019 SVR with the 825W meridian. It sounds much better than the 825w Meridian in my 2017. I think it's mostly due to better insulation in the SVR doors and around the speakers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like the software/processor is working massive overtime in the system. It does a great job of making the system sound good

·
Registered
10 Posts
Upon initial usage i was a bit disappointed streaming via Bluetooth. Which I usually never due in any other car. Im usually connected via lightning cable.

Bluetooth streaming was pretty bad. Very muddy sounding. Much worse than i have experienced in any other vehicle that is supposed to have an acceptable to decent factory stereo system

The change to the lighting cable was a pleasant surprise. Much better quality sounding. Good enough for me not to want to modify in any way besides the factory subwoofer which come up a little short as most factory sub woofers do. Compared to other cars i have and or am in regularly with premium stereo

I would put the 825w meridian in the f pace above the 825w meridian in my range rover. I would also consider it better than the bowers and wilkins 3d diamond surround in my brothers bmw 750

Compared to previous cars i have owned the bowers and wilkins in my 2012 xjl i would consider to be better up to volume setting 56. The meridian sacrafices some of the bass for low distortion which to me seems like a Fair trade

Compared to the wifes xc90 with bowers and wilkins... the b&w in the xc90 is hands down better than the 825w meridian. In terms of car audio factory capabilities. I have installed dynamat on the volvo door panel speakers. Made it even better than it was originally

The fpace system would benefit from some minor sound deadening like dynamat. I will probably install some by door panel speakers when i have a chance.

Again im not comparing any of these to home audio systems. Just factory car audio
I have swapped out all mine to Polk Audio and JBL sub W0. And upgrade the amp. 1000% better than what I had in it but at a cost of $3600 dollars but well spent.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The standard one is 300 watts
The surround one is 825 watts
Plus you get more speakers. I had the the standard one in my discovery and I thought it was ok but a bit bland sounding
My old svr had the surround sound and it sounded much better
The new 21 model is supposed to be even better i opted for it but not heard it yet .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have swapped out all mine to Polk Audio and JBL sub W0. And upgrade the amp. 1000% better than what I had in it but at a cost of $3600 dollars but well spent.
Can you tell us a bit about your upgrade? Which system did you start out with, the 380w or the 825w? And which control/touchscreen unit? Any issues with the amp upgrade? Did you do it all at once,or did you do amp or some speakers first? I'm wondering which make the biggest differences, and just trying to figure out what others have learned. Any insights would be appreciated!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seriously the only soundtrack you need (I find ) is window down and that glorious exhaust sound i definitely find myself doing that more than I listen to the stereo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you tell us a bit about your upgrade? Which system did you start out with, the 380w or the 825w? And which control/touchscreen unit? Any issues with the amp upgrade? Did you do it all at once,or did you do amp or some speakers first? I'm wondering which make the biggest differences, and just trying to figure out what others have learned. Any insights would be appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put the Polk-Audio component in the front doors and for the tweeters as well in the back doors. Then I had the JL sub put in the back and tided it in with the JL 800w amp while using the factory head unit. I did have dump Matt put in the doors for vibration. I didn’t do any of the installation. I had it all done professionally done. It sounds great with all types of music. And it’s loud lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts