Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another data point for the insurance difference between a 380hp $70k car and a 550hp $90k car:

Progressive Insurance - Clean driving record, no points, tickets, or at-fault accidents. Discounts - 15 years continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy (single auto and condo), 5 year accident and claim free, 3 year safe driving, paid in full every 6 months.

2017 F-Pace S, mid 30s with 50/100/50 regular/uninsured/underinsured, $500 comprehensive and $500 collision deductables, no medical/funeral/work loss/roadside/rental/gap coverage - $579/6mo

2019 F-Pace SVR, late 30s with 100/300/50 regular/uninsured/underinsured, same comp/collision and declined options - $674/6mo

I did consider Geico and USAA because I heard good things. They offered matching coverage for $1260-1390/6mo on the 2017... Have not checked back with them on the SVR.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
My SVR wasn't much more than the First Edition S. 20k more in car, but only $100 more annually for insurance. Not sure why. Maybe after I get my first ticket, which won't take long, it will go up. :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
There are sites out there that will get quotes for you pretty easily these days. I used gabi.com, and was pretty happy with the service.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
2017 F-Pace S, mid 30s with 50/100/50 regular/uninsured/underinsured, $500 comprehensive and $500 collision deductables, no medical
I had no medical coverage my entire adult life as I always had medical coverage through work so my agent advised against it.
Big mistake, HUGE!!!!!
I'm still battling this mistake because of the crash!!
MY2018 has Medical
Do your homework, the minimal cost for medical coverage is definitely worth it

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sorry to hear that @catlady..... I can't ever imagine an agent saying that. Medical is one of the bulwarks of auto insurance necessary, and I'm not even sure in my state it can BE declined... I actually INCREASE mine on all my vehicles and I only pay 550.00 a YEAR for my FP....

And NixMo... Those are really very low coverages, dollars wise when things get expensive. My lowest policy is 500/300/100.....

·
Registered
957 Posts
My lowest policy is 500/300/100.....
I think you mean 300/500/100.
1st number is liability per person.
2nd is total liability per accident.
That’s the coverage I always get.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tips. I've always had 1 notch lower 50/100/25 and only raised it due to the potential repair costs on the SVR. The highest mine goes is 250/500/100, medical 0, 50k, or 100k, though it says "certain exclusions may apply" aka read the policy in full.
I also have really good health insurance policy that does cover more than progressive can for auto accidents (at fault or not). If Progressive covers some portion of the costs then the health insurance requires reimbursement, seems to make things more complicated.
Anyhow those changes only bump up the policy by $50/6mo, so I guess that's worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts