Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes it's as bad as you might guess, but so worth it.

a little over 1000 miles down with mostly city driving and a little highway time. according to journeys - worst mpg that was at least 5miles and not including sitting in traffic/idling is 8.9mpg over 5.2 miles.
best is 17.2mpg over 5.5 miles

average is around 12mpg in dynamic and 15 in comfort mode, I'd guess closer to 18-20mpg for highway cruising. compared to my S which got about 15-22ish depending on traffic, 26-ish open highway.
haven't tried eco mode for a whole trip yet, but will update this if/when I do.

good thing it has a larger tank, I'd be filling up every other day with the S tank.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I am coming up on the 3yr anniversary of my 2017 F-Pace so of course my head has started to move to trading it in and getting something newer and of course I am going take a good hard look at getting an SVR :). One of the small gripes I had with the F-Pace is the small size of the gas tank and I believe that has not changed with the SVR. So to all of your owners out there, how thirsty is this cat? I know, I know, driving habits will dictate, but just curious on normal driving conditions if the bigger engine with the smaller tank is somewhat painful...

Thanks
Mashie

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Gas tank is changed, it moved from 16 Gallons to 21 gallons I believe. With that said, my 2017 S managed to get around 19mpg all around driving which was about 50/50 city and highway in my case. With my 2019 SVR, I averaged just a little less than that, but I almost never push it super hard. I can go on a drive and average 9 mpg for a 10 minute ride, but most rides around 30 minutes to an hour, I end up around 17 to 19 mpg. The best mileage I ever got in my 2017 S was on some 55 mph 2 lane roads in Maryland. I could get 26mpg a few times for 30 to 45 minutes ride down there on those type of roads. With the SVR, on the same roads, same trips, I get around 23mpg or 24mpg at best. The SVR on average is probably about 2 mpg less in similar driving, but with that said, the SVR is intoxicating and if you push it, you can easily get 8mpg very easily.

So with the bigger gas tank, I'm filling up less, but probably not a good if it was a V6 or even better if it was the 4cycl.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks guys, pleasantly surprised that they increased the size of the tank, is that on all newer F-Paces or just the SVR? Your comments are exactly what I was expecting, similar to the same as my S but tons more fun! :)

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I'm pretty sure that all 2019 F-Paces get the 21 gallon tank.

Reactions: Gorgon
1 - 6 of 6 Posts