Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Tune their SVR? Couple guys are doing them for the v6 variant and getting 50-60 more HP out of the tune.

Warranty issues:
I’m aware there are varying opinions on this issue but would like to hear what people are gathering if they have gone through with the tune.

550HP is nice but I didn’t get an SVR to settle interested in hearing what y’all have done to beef up the SVR!

·
Registered
23 Posts
VelocityAP is the go-to. I personally wouldn't consider any other company for a tune on mine when it arrives. It would be between VAP or leaving it stock.

I would also avoid Hennessey at all costs...

·
Registered
21 Posts
VelocityAP is the go-to. I personally wouldn't consider any other company for a tune on mine when it arrives. It would be between VAP or leaving it stock.

I don't see anything SVR-related on VAP's site yet either. Did you have a good experience with their products? And what is the basis of the advice to avoid Hennessey? (I have never been a customer.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I’ve already contacted them and am anxiously waiting their reply!

I’ve also spoke with Lister and am considering going with them for a tune.... but “Warranty”

If anyone hears back regarding the VAP tune lmk!

·
Registered
232 Posts
VAP is definitely the preferred source with the F-Type crowd; however, I'm not sure why you'd bother. The factory SVR can already outrun 93% of the cars on the road. A tuned one will outrun 95% of them. A better tune candidate would be a 2017 base V6.

There may be varies "opinions" on whether a tune can void your warranty, but there's only one fact - it does.
And, no, you can't reset to the factory tune without it being detectable.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Actually, I agree with uncheel, I don't want to risk it with the warrantee, regardless of the fact that people say when you reset the ECU to stock no one can tell. Even if the tune could add 100hp, I don't think you'd really be able to use it unless you were planning on running on the track or lived in Germany and could go on the Autobahn.

550hp is enough fun for me in a 4k lbs SUV.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Actually, I agree with uncheel, I don't want to risk it with the warrantee, regardless of the fact that people say when you reset the ECU to stock no one can tell. Even if the tune could add 100hp, I don't think you'd really be able to use it unless you were planning on running on the track or lived in Germany and could go on the Autobahn.

550hp is enough fun for me in a 4k lbs SUV.
They can tell. My dealership paperwork always says "ECU chipped" and no warranty on a bunch of items. I always flash to stock. I am not sure if this is on a local dealership database, or if like in the case of Jeep/Chrysler, dealerships don't see each other notes. So it does takes balls to do it, but at least in the case of the V6 is absolutely worth it.

VAP is the way to go. Their reputation and track record is pretty untarnished. Believe it or not V6s tuned numbers are not far off from the SVR. Contact [email protected], feel free to mention my name (Dave from NJ).

·
Registered
514 Posts
Given the expense and volume of repairs these cars require, and the poor service you can expect to get from corporate, you'd be nuts to do anything to even give them a reason to fight you on warranty stuff.

IMHO, naturally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got this back from “VAP”

Sorry we took a little while to get back to you. We have so many social media platforms etc, and it is challenging to keep up with all of them, which is why we prefer email.

For the 2020 FPace SVR, this is a platform we have not yet worked on. That being said the actual drivetrain is the same as all the 2014-on JLR 5.0SC engines, for which we are into the thousands of vehicles tuned. We would expect it to make 605BHP with tuning, and 650BHP with the addition of a crank pulley.

The question mark is the software version. It’s quite possible this file version will have different addressing to the hex code on any of the other models we have worked with, so it might require some building of map-packs and testing on our end.

For the 2020 it is also on the Flexray communication gateway which means we cannot use our hand-held flashing tools to program these vehicles. We do have some loaner tools in circulation and also have a dealer network, some of whom have the correct tools to flash the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got this back from “VAP”

Sorry we took a little while to get back to you. We have so many social media platforms etc, and it is challenging to keep up with all of them, which is why we prefer email.

For the 2020 FPace SVR, this is a platform we have not yet worked on. That being said the actual drivetrain is the same as all the 2014-on JLR 5.0SC engines, for which we are into the thousands of vehicles tuned. We would expect it to make 605BHP with tuning, and 650BHP with the addition of a crank pulley.

The question mark is the software version. It’s quite possible this file version will have different addressing to the hex code on any of the other models we have worked with, so it might require some building of map-packs and testing on our end.

For the 2020 it is also on the Flexray communication gateway which means we cannot use our hand-held flashing tools to program these vehicles. We do have some loaner tools in circulation and also have a dealer network, some of whom have the correct tools to flash the car.
Really useful. I really want to tune mine let me know if you find an option to do yours

1 - 12 of 12 Posts