Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you for the insights. How much did the pad change (labor) cost? (Sorry if you already mentioned this--I may have missed it)
$380 for the pads
$260 for F/R Labor
Total $640

+$60 for new pad sensors but I didn't need to replace them since the car only had 10k on the original pads....

Reactions: gearFX

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My 2020 SVR brakes squeak quite often, would you say there is a significant improvement on the squeak or just slight. Mine have a ridiculous amount of brake dust as well, so switching to porterfields would be a nice bonus. I’m actually more concerned with the high pitch squeak than the dust. Has anyone been able to determine what exactly causes the squeak? Thanks for your insight
Yes they squeak a lot less, I would guess 80-90% less than the stock pads. I have really only heard them after it sits in the garage after it has rained, and then it goes away much quicker than the stock pads. I'll update as I put more miles on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you for the insights. How much did the pad change (labor) cost? (Sorry if you already mentioned this--I may have missed it)
$380 F/R Pads
$260 Total Labor
$60 New Pad Sensors if needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
.. I just ordered pads from the dealer for $470+hst ($CAD).... FML... How did these pads end up performing? Better? Worse? I prefer the pads to function > over brake dust, but thats just IMO
I see you ordered the new pads. Have you installed them yet and if so, how do you like them?
I have a 2021 SVR and I'm disappointed that the brakes are so dusty.
I hate brake dust!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I see you ordered the new pads. Have you installed them yet and if so, how do you like them?
I hate brake dust!
Yes they have been installed, I have put a few miles on them now and I absolutely love them, the brake dust is a lot less and now that they are broken in they don't squeal at all. The bite is the same if not better. My car stays clean much longer now and the wheels are easier to clean. Highly recommend.

I also recommend using the Armor All brake dust repellant on the wheel barrels....

20210501_100102.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate brake dust!
Not sure if you're asking me or SnowBill.
I bought the OEM (brembo) pads from Jaguar, kinda expensive for pads, but, they're good. They brake well... however, the sensitivity compared to my XFR-S is different. XF is way more sensitive / jumpy to the touch
The OE Brembo pads are kind of noisy too, they "squeal" a little more than I'd like, but,
stopping > noise 🤷‍♂️

21 - 27 of 27 Posts