Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone makes replacement brake pads for the SVR? I have been looking all over and it seems odd no one carries them.

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar F-Pace SVR | Black w/Black & Red Interior | 22" 5 Split Wheels | Ceramic & XPel
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1967 Massey Ferguson 165
70 Posts
You could always call Rock Auto and talk to a real person to see if they have the proper ceramic pads. 😎

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested (doesn't look like too many are) I was able to find this info on another forum and called to verify that this is legit, I placed an order for replacement pads as the the brake dust is driving me crazy:

Porterfield now makes SVR F Pace carbon compound pad. Street performance, low dust
Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95
$379 Including shipping

I will let everyone know how they work out once they are installed.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
45 Posts
Following this to learn more. One of the things that drove me crazy about the SRT was the insane brake dust from the brembos. Hoping stock SVR brakes aren’t as bad otherwise I’ll be looking to switch to something a bit cleaner also.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I really hate to recommend any Armor all product, especially one that sounds too good to be true. But this stuff actually seems to work pretty well. I can't believe that any new or different kind of pads would make the wheels less dirty than the stock pads and this stuff. It is not dust free or anything like that. It is just much less. According to Youtube you have to get the wheel really clean and let the stuff dry. I did that an I happy with it. For some reason it is kinda hard to find at the moment. Amazon has it marked up to twice what it should cost. But give it a try before you got to the expense and PIA of having the pads changed.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
45 Posts
I really hate to recommend any Armor all product, especially one that sounds too good to be true. But this stuff actually seems to work pretty well. I can't believe that any new or different kind of pads would make the wheels less dirty than the stock pads and this stuff. It is not dust free or anything like that. It is just much less. According to Youtube you have to get the wheel really clean and let the stuff dry. I did that an I happy with it. For some reason it is kinda hard to find at the moment. Amazon has it marked up to twice what it should cost. But give it a try before you got to the expense and PIA of having the pads changed.

On the SRT, switching from the brembos to hawk hps actually made a huge difference in dust amount. I’ll check out your suggestion for sure as I’d rather not swap out the pads. Thnx for the recommend!

·
Registered
18 Posts
If anyone is interested (doesn't look like too many are) I was able to find this info on another forum and called to verify that this is legit, I placed an order for replacement pads as the the brake dust is driving me crazy:

Porterfield now makes SVR F Pace carbon compound pad. Street performance, low dust
Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95 are now $109.95
$329 Including shipping

.. I just ordered pads from the dealer for $470+hst ($CAD).... FML... How did these pads end up performing? Better? Worse? I prefer the pads to function > over brake dust, but thats just IMO

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
.. I just ordered pads from the dealer for $470+hst ($CAD).... FML... How did these pads end up performing? Better? Worse? I prefer the pads to function > over brake dust, but thats just IMO
....So I was pleasantly surprised, they actually seemed to perform as good if not better, they are a little smoother and wayyyy less brake dust as well if at all! I am very happy with them. The rear pads are $159.95 not the $109 previously reported.

·
Registered
18 Posts
....So I was pleasantly surprised but they seemed to perform better, they are a little smoother and way less brake dust as well if at all! I am very happy with them. The rear pads are $159.95 not the $109 previously reported.
Oh.. how much for the front? and do you have a DIRECT link? Because on the website mentioned, there's no "F PACE" model, so, I typed in "F TYPE 5.0" and assumed it's the same application? Or am I just smooth brained...

·
Registered
101 Posts
....So I was pleasantly surprised but they seemed to perform better, they are a little smoother and way less brake dust as well if at all! I am very happy with them. The rear pads are $159.95 not the $109 previously reported.
Do they give up a little initial bite (first inch of pedal travel) compared with stock pads, especially on cold mornings or until warmed up? I know that was a trade-off with older ceramic pads, but maybe not with modern ones. Your "little smoother" description makes me wonder if it's because there is less initial bite (more linear action/pressure).

·
Registered
4 Posts

Part numbers
Front APFPACE19F $199.95
Rear APFPACE19R $159.95
$379 Including shipping

Do you have a link to the vendor you used? Porterfield's web page does not list these part numbers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Do you have a link to the vendor you used? Porterfield's web page does not list these part numbers.
I recommend calling, Wendy is great to work with (note: they are on pst) :

Wendy Charlier
General Manager
Porterfield Ent
(949) 548-4470
www.racebrakes.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
She is all clean, and the cool part is the wheels stay clean for weeks now! Didn't realize how the brake dust was getting all over the car as well. Love the new pads!

Since I had the wheels off during the bake job I sprayed them with the Armor All brake repellant the other poster mentioned (thanks for the heads up), also sprayed the calipers, makes a huge difference...

20210415_165752.jpg

Also here is the blacked out emblems and tail pipes:

20210415_165804.jpg

Also had my guy install PPF around the gear shift so it doesn't get scratches. Also ordered a custom fitted screen protector, looks like stock. Let me know if anyone else is interested, I still have the measurements so no seams show around the edges....
20210415_165909.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
@snowbill27, not sure if you missed my earlier questions or if you're still bedding the brakes so it's too soon to judge, but do you know the answers to the following?

Do they give up a little initial bite (first inch of pedal travel) compared with stock pads, especially on cold mornings or until warmed up? I know that was a trade-off with older ceramic pads, but maybe not with modern ones. Your "little smoother" description makes me wonder if it's because there is less initial bite (more linear action/pressure).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@snowbill27, not sure if you missed my earlier questions or if you're still bedding the brakes so it's too soon to judge, but do you know the answers to the following?
I was trying to put some more miles on them before I answered further. IMO I think the brake pedal engages about the same but feels slightly smoother when stepping into them. The overall bite feels the same to me, I don't feel like the truck is stopping any slower than with the stock pads. Realistically the F/R brakes are a bit oversized for this car, the rear pads are bigger than most cars front pads, even my SRT Jeep pads were only 60% of these and that was on a much heavier truck. I drive pretty spirited but obviously I'm not tracking my cat anytime soon. Also, remember these are not cheap ceramic only pads but a high performance compound pad; I recommend giving PF a call, they will give you more details on them. IMO they perform better than stock as a daily driver just without the ridiculous amount of brake dust. They also don't squeak as much, but that may be due to my brake guy knowing how to lube them properly, he did a great job swapping them and doing the initial bedding. I am more than happy with the swap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for the insights. How much did the pad change (labor) cost? (Sorry if you already mentioned this--I may have missed it)

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2020 SVR brakes squeak quite often, would you say there is a significant improvement on the squeak or just slight. Mine have a ridiculous amount of brake dust as well, so switching to porterfields would be a nice bonus. I’m actually more concerned with the high pitch squeak than the dust. Has anyone been able to determine what exactly causes the squeak? Thanks for your insight

1 - 20 of 27 Posts