Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 19 Fpace Rsport that I want to swap the SVR Calipers and Rotors
on to. Is that possible? Any body have any experience with that?

Thank you!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think the SVR brakes are kind of meh myself, not bad just not something I would go out of my way to buy. Have you looked into AP racing? They’ve got some nice looking brake kits.
see: AP Racing Big Brake Kit

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
Ofc you can do it, but it's expensive even if you don't buy everything new. I'm doing it on my Velar, see here: Pulling the trigger - installing Velar SVA/ F-Pace SVR front brakes on my D300. Some other tuning questions remain - Range Rover Velar Forum

AP ones are a great idea too, and the discs would be much lighter.

IMO It has nothing to do with the hp. It's down to some confidence in the breaks, and the ATE one pot ones I have in the Velar are uninspiring.
are you doing the brakes for looks, for performance or because you just want to?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of them since I can't deny that I'd like to have something better looking than the rusty setup I have now. I have no idea what is wrong with the OEM setup, but the corrosion is horrific. I don't trust these brakes, the grip is not instant, the required leg movement and the lack of progressiveness is too much for my tastes (and persisted over fluid change, so I've ruled it out). As I said - uninspiring. Go over a mountain, to some spirited corners, let me know if you think they are worthy. I know they will hold up and do the job, but I have to remind myself.

And I find it insulting that according to JLR, the paint of my car costs more than the OEM brakes setup.

·
Registered
2017 Fpace 35T Rsport
1 Posts
I think the SVR brakes are kind of meh myself, not bad just not something I would go out of my way to buy. Have you looked into AP racing? They’ve got some nice looking brake kits.
see: AP Racing Big Brake Kit
Has anybody installed any AP Racing BBK variant on an F-pace? I would also like to switch calipers to a more performance oriented option, 50% is for looks though ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts