Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F Pace SVR, Ultra Blue
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car washed yesterday and I went to clean the driver’s side caliper more thoroughly and this gunk wasn’t coming off. I tried using soap, the backside of a sponge, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol and it still wouldn’t come off. The passenger side is so clean it looks brand new. So what is on the driver’s side caliper and how do I clean it? I posted photos of the driver’s side vs the passenger side.
Also, I noticed a discoloration in areas in all four black gloss rims, but more so on the passenger side front rim. Is this the clear coat coming off or is it starting to corrode?
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it’s a little upsetting since it’s a 2020. There’s no sprinkler system though. I don’t have a garage so it does it outside, so acidity in the rain? Idk. But I have not tried compound. What do you use specifically?

Do you have an ideas about what’s going on with the caliper?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for your comments. So I went and saw someone about both things and some compound was used and was able to get out some of the discoloration in the gloss. I don’t own any of that stuff, but I bought some iron removal cleaner and I’m going to see if that helps. I clean my wheels regularly, so just surprised that this happened. In regards to the caliper, I’ve had curb rashes fixed and come to find out they did a shitty job and didn’t over the caliper or take the wheel off so they got overspray on it. That’s why I can’t clean it off. I was told that it has to be sanded down and that could take off the red paint. I got the curb rashes fixed at Jaguar, so I’ve already contacted them for them to fix it. I will not be going back there in the future to get my rims cleaned up, that’s for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts