Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SVR gang! Recently upgraded from a 2017 FPace Prestige to this 2020 Beast and I must say it feels like a totally different car.

Love the power and exhaust note but kinda disappointed with the squeaking brakes and the occasional ICTP gremlins that seem to haunt it. Hoping to have these small hiccups sorted out when I take it to the local dealership for service reset since I'm also getting a reminder that oil change is due in 1,000 miles (only drove 700+ miles total after the 1st month of ownership).

Small misgivings aside, I still enjoy driving this loud and thirsty SUV on the e-car infested streets of San Francisco 馃槄. Just had front windows tinted and Ceramic Pro done yesterday and the color just pops so much more on the rare sunny day where I live. If the dealership can sort out the squeaking brakes and ICTP grievances (and me not curbing these massive wheels on the pothole and debris laden local streets) I'd be in ownership bliss, lol.

Growl on 馃

Jaaaag_SVR.jpg

Registered
Similar tastes. As for the Oil change warning, it may be due to the build date of the car. I think I've read other places here, that some were getting the oil change warnings much earlier than expected with much less than 16k on the odometer. Some seem to think that if the dealer didn't reset the time when you picked it up, it was left on the build date. So is your build date one year back? If so, that could be why. At least based on what I've read in the forum.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Similar tastes. As for the Oil change warning, it may be due to the build date of the car. I think I've read other places here, that some were getting the oil change warnings much earlier than expected with much less than 16k on the odometer. Some seem to think that if the dealer didn't reset the time when you picked it up, it was left on the build date. So is your build date one year back? If so, that could be why. At least based on what I've read in the forum.
Thanks PA-Fpace-F! That certainly makes perfect sense. I'll look into the build date and see if that applies to what is happening with mine. If the local dealership will be okay with doing the oil change service when I bring it in and count that as 1 of 5 complimentary annual service I'm okay with that too so I'll have fresh oil after break in.

Cheers!

Registered
What kind of ICTP issues are you experiencing? Can one address the most common complaints by bypassing the native apps altogether (by using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay)?

Registered
I'm guessing the dealership won't want to do that change until 16k miles or 1 Year, but that is only a guess. So you are aware, I am changing my oil eveey 8k miles. I paid for 8k and will pay for 24k this Monday when I take the beast to the dealer for that change and to look at the brakes. They took care of the 16k change.

Registered
Nice ride!
Same, paid for oil change around ~6k/10 months after delivery, and plan on at least one more out of plan oil service.
also experience occasional ictp issues. Latest one is the rear view mirrors no longer dip, despite it being selected in the menus. Also backup camera still 50/50 cuts out backing into a parking spot.
squeaks seem to be here for life. I was able to get my dealer to fix it by replacing the rear pads. That lasted about 2 months then came back. If it gets bad I鈥檒l take it in again, otherwise will mention the rest next service.
No other real complaints besides missing out on the 2021 pivi pro option, looks much better than ictp.

Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
Welcome to the group, Thats the color SVR I want when I get one

DP

Registered
I went to the dealer To inquire further on squeaky brakes, was told this is very common and nothing to fix?! my only concern after 3 months ownership.

Also inquired on oil change earlier and was informed the car will notify if required prior to the scheduled intervals. Since i lease mine, not too worried ... although the first interval seems to be a bit crazy IMO.

Registered
I鈥檝e got used to the squeaky brakes but mine aren鈥檛 that bad sometimes it not there . I鈥檝e had no other issues apart from service way to early just ignored that had its first service at 3800 miles a few weeks ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts