Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The F-Pace AWD system did really well in this test, especially on 22s.

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar XF 3.0L
10 Posts
Loved the comparison..
Never knew Kazakhstan had such a good luxury market.
Presenter's English was well done and analysis on their channel is very good.

Watch their big suv battle on the same hill.

F-Pace AWD system proved quite capable.
Style, Speed & Mud!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Interesting. Surprised that there was so much of a difference between the Discovery and Evoque. I also didn't understand the Evoque being ahead of the Jaguar, they both seemed to head up the hill with the same capability.

Also, just a question for your guys, but both of my F-Paces had a 4x4 type off road mode, I'm guessing this S did not have that capability? I thought all F-Paces were configured that way, but maybe it's only in the US?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I felt the same way, they may have given the nod to the Ranger Rover due to name as I thought performance was similar. I think the test was completed in standard drive modes unless there were issues, would have to watch again. They didn't use any ASPC or equivalent modes.

I was surprised by how poor the Audio performed given the esteem that people tend to bestow upon Quattro.

Was also surprised at how well the xDrive system did on the X3.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Yes I was surprised by the Audi's performance. I never expected XDrive to beat Quattro, but it seems that it did.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Torque, driver and tire differences. Not sure you can draw too many conclusions from this.

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
34 Posts
I watched this and a few other videos from the same channel testing various vehicles on the same hill climb. I was impressed by the F-Pace’s performance - seemed to me to be similar to the Evoque.

It seems the system in the higher end Audi Q7/Q8 performs much better than the lower models. MB didn’t do great in any test (except for the G63, but that’s a whole different animal) and seemed to need much more throttle input for the traction control system to work. As for BMW’s XDrive, the X3 seemed to do better than the higher end X5/X6 models for some reason. I wasn’t surprised that the Lexus RX didn’t make it past the first obstacle. I did expect the Disco to do better than it did.

As with any test, yes, there were many variables and this was just one situation... but we can get a general idea of how aggressively the traction control systems react in less than ideal conditions. It was also interesting how “off road” mode in some vehicles seems to help a great deal, but does seemingly nothing in others.

·
F Pace Expert
2,529 Posts
Having done one severe off road test in Moab in my F-Pace I’d note it did spectacularly well but these things were of concern:
  • clearance, there isn’t a lot of it, there was enough but had to do be extremely careful in a few clutch spots
  • exposed key systems: brake lines, etc, no protection for these, no skid plate option available
  • tire: I retrieved one of my winter tires and carried it in back just in case, the temp tire would not have made it

·
Registered
451 Posts
Also, just a question for your guys, but both of my F-Paces had a 4x4 type off road mode, I'm guessing this S did not have that capability? I thought all F-Paces were configured that way, but maybe it's only in the US?
A year or so ago, I saw a post from a guy from Europe who's driving a rear-wheel and stick-shift F-Pace. I think he was Czech. Another thing I learned that you could get solid-roof F-Pace in Europe too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts