Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my sunroof is closed there is a rattle coming from the front right side. It goes away when I crack open the sunroof a bit. I looked around with the sunroof open and I'm wondering if it's the wind deflector when it is closed. It seems to be getting louder, or I'm just tuned into the sound. Curious if anyone else has the same problem before I try to explain it to the dealer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
When my sunroof is closed there is a rattle coming from the front right side. It goes away when I crack open the sunroof a bit. I looked around with the sunroof open and I'm wondering if it's the wind deflector when it is closed. It seems to be getting louder, or I'm just tuned into the sound. Curious if anyone else has the same problem before I try to explain it to the dealer.
My Service Writer said they had that same problem with a different model Jaguar, I can't remember which one. There was an action notice created for that Jaguar model where the installation of silicone spacers were required. Sorry I can't tell you more or if the F-Pace was subject to that action notice, mine is not experiencing that sound. Perhaps this gives enough information to ask your service writer about a fix.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know there is a service bulletin for the sun roof. They need to add something to the guides. I am not sure. I did not have mine done when the car was in last time as i was not experiencing any problems. Maybe this fix will resolve your problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know there is a service bulletin for the sun roof. They need to add something to the guides. I am not sure. I did not have mine done when the car was in last time as i was not experiencing any problems. Maybe this fix will resolve your problem.
Have noticed a fine creaking sound coming from somewhere above and possibly to the right of the front passenger seat. I wonder if this is coming from the sunroof? I will crack it open next time and see.

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Have noticed a fine creaking sound coming from somewhere above and possibly to the right of the front passenger seat. I wonder if this is coming from the sunroof? I will crack it open next time and see.
It may be the sunroof, but our front passenger seat squeaks like no one business. Even after our dealer said they "fixed it".

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
So mine has developed this creaking/rattle on occasion as well. It is definitely the pano roof....it will immediately cease upon venting or opening the roof completely. The problem is, it's not consistent. :mad: At first it was only when it's 40-degrees or less, so I was just going to wait it out until it warms up a bit, but now I have been hearing it on the way home when it's over 60. Plus, it seems random what kind of bump/flex causes it......speed bumps=no rattle, driveway=no rattle, random stretch of highway with uneven payment=creaking/rattle. Hmmm, maybe it's speed related....clearly I need to gather more data before I even think about a service appointment. If anyone else gets theirs fixed, post an update.....otherwise soon enough it'll be warm enough to keep the roof vented open all the time here and it'll fix itself LOL. :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
So mine has developed this creaking/rattle on occasion as well. It is definitely the pano roof....it will immediately cease upon venting or opening the roof completely. The problem is, it's not consistent. :mad: At first it was only when it's 40-degrees or less, so I was just going to wait it out until it warms up a bit, but now I have been hearing it on the way home when it's over 60. Plus, it seems random what kind of bump/flex causes it......speed bumps=no rattle, driveway=no rattle, random stretch of highway with uneven payment=creaking/rattle. Hmmm, maybe it's speed related....clearly I need to gather more data before I even think about a service appointment. If anyone else gets theirs fixed, post an update.....otherwise soon enough it'll be warm enough to keep the roof vented open all the time here and it'll fix itself LOL. :D
have you seen this thread "My creaky Fpace - Fixed!"

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I have a similar issue and will be having them look at my F-Pace during my 32k Oil change which should happen in the next month or so. I'll share what they end up doing with you guys.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
have you seen this thread "My creaky Fpace - Fixed!"
I’m going to try that fix this weekend! Will update and hope it’s the solution I need.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I’m going to try that fix this weekend! Will update and hope it’s the solution I need.
Yes, please advise. Mine has been doing it off and on for a little while. I had it on my list of things to bring up to the dealer. But, if this fix works for you as it has for others, I too will do it and take that item off my fix list.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine does this intermittently but only when it's all the way open. Strange.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine did this and after three visits to the dealer, (greasing the sunroof rails wasn't the fix) they found a loose bolt in the sunroof assembly. After tightening it to JLR specifications, it was fixed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts