Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Sunroof operation when motor is turned off

10K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  DPinTX 
#1 ·
The sunroof if in the open position when the motor is turned off stays in the open positon and does not close. I have to manually close the sunroof before turning off the motor.

On other vehicles I have owned the sunroof closes when the motor is turned off.

My question is whether the sunroof stays open by design or do I have a malfunctioning sunroof?

#7 ·
My JGC leaves power to all the accessories (IE Roof, windows, Radio) for a time you chose in the settings for 30 sec to 5 min after shut down OR if you open the door. Then that will kill it. Pretty handy... gives you time to button things up before it goes dead... or finish a phone call, or song on the radio....But will not shut the roof for you if you leave it open after that time....

#8 ·
For those with keyless entry and Global Close enabled, when you lock your car by touching the indent on the door and hold it for ~2-3 seconds the car will close the windows/sunroof/sunshade as long as you maintain contact with the door handle. Figured this was a handy tip as we enter warmer months and will be opening our windows/roofs more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.