Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sunroof if in the open position when the motor is turned off stays in the open positon and does not close. I have to manually close the sunroof before turning off the motor.

On other vehicles I have owned the sunroof closes when the motor is turned off.

My question is whether the sunroof stays open by design or do I have a malfunctioning sunroof?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You mean when you've turned the car off but the radio is still on? My sunroof will close I just have to manually hold the button

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nothing electronic works on this car after the motor/ignition has been turned off for however long. Try opening your garage door in the morning using your rear view mirror before you turn the car on. Won't work. Dumbest thing in the world.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Nothing electronic works on this car after the motor/ignition has been turned off for however long. Try opening your garage door in the morning using your rear view mirror before you turn the car on. Won't work. Dumbest thing in the world.
Yea after the shut down procedure all of the electronics in the car turn off. Besides, I think the hazard lights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My wife's Lexus does the same thing, but it does ding you with a message that it's open.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
My JGC leaves power to all the accessories (IE Roof, windows, Radio) for a time you chose in the settings for 30 sec to 5 min after shut down OR if you open the door. Then that will kill it. Pretty handy... gives you time to button things up before it goes dead... or finish a phone call, or song on the radio....But will not shut the roof for you if you leave it open after that time....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
For those with keyless entry and Global Close enabled, when you lock your car by touching the indent on the door and hold it for ~2-3 seconds the car will close the windows/sunroof/sunshade as long as you maintain contact with the door handle. Figured this was a handy tip as we enter warmer months and will be opening our windows/roofs more.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For those with keyless entry and Global Close enabled, when you lock your car by touching the indent on the door and hold it for ~2-3 seconds the car will close the windows/sunroof/sunshade as long as you maintain contact with the door handle. Figured this was a handy tip as we enter warmer months and will be opening our windows/roofs more.
There is a standard setting that allows you to open all windows/moonroof if you push and hold the unlock button. Why they would not create an all close option as well is beyond me.

Edit: Unlock button on the remote.

·
Registered
337 Posts
There is a standard setting that allows you to open all windows/moonroof if you push and hold the unlock button. Why they would not create an all close option as well is beyond me.

Oh so it's not just my car that behaves like that... lol (you can open all windows with the remote but you can't close them back).

I see now that, to close them, you have to hold your finger on the door indent.

I wonder if the decision to design the functionality this way was probably safety-related so that you have to be at the car while all windows get closed to ensure they close or something like that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I wonder if the decision to design the functionality this way was probably safety-related so that you have to be at the car while all windows get closed to ensure they close or something like that.
That's my thought given that the moment you lift your finger the whole process stops and you then need to touch and hold again to reinitiate the process.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh so it's not just my car that behaves like that... lol (you can open all windows with the remote but you can't close them back).

I suppose that makes sense.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nope, right now there is a passive aggressive engineer who does a search every 5 minutes looking for forum postings of his trap being sprung masturbating. o_O

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

It isn't enabled in America, I think they were worried about people leaving there pet or child in the car and if you are able to close everything via key fob you might not even notice. But if you have to hold your finger on the lock indent on the door theres a much higher chance of you seeing what you left inside.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It isn't enabled in America, I think they were worried about people leaving there pet or child in the car and if you are able to close everything via key fob you might not even notice.
Is global close from the fob available in other countries?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Is global close from the fob available in other countries?
I believe someone in another thread where this exact issue was discussed said it is.

·
Registered
112 Posts

Today I accidentally activated that "feature" when left the car and did not realize it until came back 2 hours later.
All that time my car was exposed on parking lot. Nothing happened but makes me wondering what's the purpose of this?
Especially considering you can't revert it (close windows/sunroof) from key fob or smartphone app.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's part of my so easy routine to close the sunroof before turning the engine off.
Problem solved....;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Today I accidentally activated that "feature" when left the car and did not realize it until came back 2 hours later.
All that time my car was exposed on parking lot. Nothing happened but makes me wondering what's the purpose of this?
Especially considering you can't revert it (close windows/sunroof) from key fob or smartphone app.

Convenience. On a hot day, I can open all the windows form inside my house.

I agree with you though that not having the lock button close everything up seems like a really dumb omission.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not all the time! Maybe it's SUPPOSED TO all the time; but, sometimes, in my case, it'll close and then pop right back opened again all in the same motion while I'm still touching the indent. Haven't quite figured out what's going on there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts