Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just got my Silver S yesterday after ordering it in May. Actually, I went to pick it up but didn't accept it because the salesman couldn't get the SIM card to connect. And then when he hit the sunroof the sunroof went back and forth rapidly and would not close. After we got it to stop he tried the sunroof screen button and it didn't do a thing - no movement. In the grand scheme of things these seem like they should be easy fixes. But I've been nervous about the quality of this car from what I've read on this forum. So not the best first impression to go pick up the new car you ordered and end up driving home in a loaner. Anyone have any words of encouragement about following through to accept the order after they hopefully fix the issues? Anyone have this sunroof and shade issue before? The salesman thought it might be a simple fuse issue that was missed on the delivery inspection. I know nothing about cars and wonder how it got out of the factory with this issue and what is next. That said the car looks awesome so I want it but don't want to regret being blinded by its looks!

·
Super Moderator
1,867 Posts
Yours sounds like a one off problem. I'm sure they will fix it and it will just become a forgotten memory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree. However don't allow yourself to be, as you put it "blinded by the looks . I took delivery last week, in mid afternoon light . That night my wife notices the whole cabin pitch black! No footwell lights, no glovebox light, no door signature light, no door handle light , no door compartment light!!!!
Now i gotta schedule another dealer stop by to discuss options! And you can bet their demeanor is way different now than before you stretch your arm for the key!

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
I agree. However don't allow yourself to be, as you put it "blinded by the looks . I took delivery last week, in mid afternoon light . That night my wife notices the whole cabin pitch black! No footwell lights, no glovebox light, no door signature light, no door handle light , no door compartment light!!!!
Now i gotta schedule another dealer stop by to discuss options! And you can bet their demeanor is way different now than before you stretch your arm for the key!
I assume you've used the hold the front interior light button until it flashes to see if interior illumination is turned off? It's somewhat easy to a accidentally turn off the interior lighting by mistake.

"To switch automatic illumination of the interior lights off or on, continue to touch the front interior light lens (6) until the light flashes. INTERIOR LIGHTS OFF or INTERIOR LIGHTS AUTO is displayed in the message center accordingly."

Jaguar Owner Information

Reactions: Okie and Naromo

·
Registered
4 Posts
The automatic interior lights the manual refers to are the small roof mounted LEDs, the ones that come on when door opens and fade off after closing. I meant ALL other door mounted cabin lighting. (Ambient. Glove box. Foot well. Door latch. Ect...

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The automatic interior lights the manual refers to are the small roof mounted LEDs, the ones that come on when door opens and fade off after closing. I meant ALL other door mounted cabin lighting. (Ambient. Glove box. Foot well. Door latch. Ect...
Sounds like a fuse to me, but that is the stuff that should be caught in quality control or by the dealer PDI.

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
I think that switch also controls the ambient lighting and door sill plate lighting as well, at least for full one and off but I could be wrong and sounds like not your issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi all. I just got my Silver S yesterday after ordering it in May. Actually, I went to pick it up but didn't accept it because the salesman couldn't get the SIM card to connect. And then when he hit the sunroof the sunroof went back and forth rapidly and would not close. After we got it to stop he tried the sunroof screen button and it didn't do a thing - no movement. In the grand scheme of things these seem like they should be easy fixes. But I've been nervous about the quality of this car from what I've read on this forum. So not the best first impression to go pick up the new car you ordered and end up driving home in a loaner. Anyone have any words of encouragement about following through to accept the order after they hopefully fix the issues? Anyone have this sunroof and shade issue before? The salesman thought it might be a simple fuse issue that was missed on the delivery inspection. I know nothing about cars and wonder how it got out of the factory with this issue and what is next. That said the car looks awesome so I want it but don't want to regret being blinded by its looks!
I can definitely see why it's disconcerting, but hopefully it's an easy fix. Sunroof operation on mine has been perfect so far. Love having the electronically controllable shade, which can be stopped anywhere along the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't had any sunroof issues either, though the occasional (thoroughly discussed elsewhere in the forum) ICTP hiccup has occurred. Just ride it out. I've even had the garage door opener diss me once or twice for a moment or two, but it inevitably rises to the occasion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same issue with sunroof when I got mine. Someone on the forum told me it maybe battery related as some of the cars spaz out when the battery is low, and run the car for a few days and see if the problem persist, after driving it for a day, day and a half the issue went away and has never happen again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
A fuse blowing on a brand new vehicle would be a red flag to me. Something mis-wired, or a short. Neither is good...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really appreciate the responses from everyone. I'll post a follow up after I hear what the mechanics determined.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had an ongoing sunroof problem ever since I took delivery of my vehicle. I have to go through the reset process every 1-5 days to re-synch the sunroof and blind so the express open/close features to work. Otherwise, I have to manually hold the buttons to open or close the sunroof/blind.

I took my vehicle in to get a hitch installed this week. I'd kept a log of every date and time I had to perform the reset process. They told me they cleared the settings and reprogrammed that module with the computer. Only time will tell if the problem is solved. My dealer is only about 10 minutes away. They asked me to come by the next time the problem occurs so they can see for themselves.

Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well...I guess I'm heading back to the dealer tomorrow. Auto Open/Close stopped working again today :-(

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I was in for other warranty work they found a recall for some part for the sunroof and replaced it.

I have had my S Model Rhodium Silver Jet Black Interior since mid July. Yes there has been a few glitches, nothing major. Generally very pleased with the vehicle. It looks great a real head turner still and the drive is awesome. I am coming from a 2011 BMW X3 which I also liked but F Pace is light years ahead and the performance can not be compared even though I had the straight line six that came in 2011 production.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The sunroof/sunshade 'one movement' open/close feature was a problem also on my FE. I could manually open and close, but I would have to hold down the switch to get a complete open or close. I, too, was having to periodically go through the 'resetting' process to get back to the 'one movement'. From what I have seen on these posts, there are Jag service departments out there that truthfully need to be reviewed, inspected or whatever they do to monitor acceptable performance. I'm lucky in that the dealership that I go to has a crackerjack and highly knowledgeable/efficient service department. The techs are seriously customer friendly, smart and above all, proactive in their quest to solve issues that occasionally surface. The various posts that I'm reading about here on shops that hold vehicles for sometimes multiple days+ is frankly astonishing. Anyway, back to this issue - I got a little off track.......my techs swiftly found the problem with the sunroof/shade which was a defective motor assembly unit that's dedicated to the sunroof/sunshade movement. They ordered the part - I LEFT THE SAME DAY WITH MY VEHICLE - and within 3 days the part was in, installed, working great and I left the dealer, again, the SAME DAY. I guess I was just fortunate that I happened to stumble into that rare Jag dealership that still had an owner and management that instilled in their employees how 'Old School' customer service (remember that?) should cascade from the top down. Other than their fantastic vehicles, THAT business model is what the Jag brand should be about.

Sorry for the soap box.........

·
Registered
617 Posts
The sunroof/sunshade 'one movement' open/close feature was a problem also on my FE. I could manually open and close, but I would have to hold down the switch to get a complete open or close. I, too, was having to periodically go through the 'resetting' process to get back to the 'one movement'. From what I have seen on these posts, there are Jag service departments out there that truthfully need to be reviewed, inspected or whatever they do to monitor acceptable performance. I'm lucky in that the dealership that I go to has a crackerjack and highly knowledgeable/efficient service department. The techs are seriously customer friendly, smart and above all, proactive in their quest to solve issues that occasionally surface. The various posts that I'm reading about here on shops that hold vehicles for sometimes multiple days+ is frankly astonishing. Anyway, back to this issue - I got a little off track.......my techs swiftly found the problem with the sunroof/shade which was a defective motor assembly unit that's dedicated to the sunroof/sunshade movement. They ordered the part - I LEFT THE SAME DAY WITH MY VEHICLE - and within 3 days the part was in, installed, working great and I left the dealer, again, the SAME DAY. I guess I was just fortunate that I happened to stumble into that rare Jag dealership that still had an owner and management that instilled in their employees how 'Old School' customer service (remember that?) should cascade from the top down. Other than their fantastic vehicles, THAT business model is what the Jag brand should be about.

Sorry for the soap box.........
I too was having that problem, but mine was isolated to the sunshade not retracting all the way to expose the beautiful panoramic glass. They replaced the motor assembly on mine as well and to this date - no problems.

Albeit, I had to wait one week for them to diagnose the issue and receive the replacement part. I guess my car is the equivalent of a petri dish for the F-pace :laugh:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, I just bought my red f pace 5 days ago and the sunroof won't close all the way no matter what I do. I made a service appointment for tomorrow and will see what happens.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I had almost the same problem when I took delivery of mine in August 2017. My issue was with the sun screen only, it would not retract all the way to the rear. No problems with the moonroof. Two weeks in the shop and numerous tries to correct the problem, they ended up replacing the motor to correct the problem. All fine, now and has been since this motor replacement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts