Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

i've noticed these cars come with All Seasons by just about default. I've asked for mine to come with Summers (i'm in SoCal we don't have weather). Has anyone had theirs arrive with summer before?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys,

i've noticed these cars come with All Seasons by just about default. I've asked for mine to come with Summers (i'm in SoCal we don't have weather). Has anyone had theirs arrive with summer before?
I got mine with summers as I was anticipated using winters regardless for snow. I think the p zero summers probably provide a fairly significant improvement in grip and handling, at the cost of treadwear. Probably half the tire life of the all seasons would be my guess.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got mine with summers as I was anticipated using winters regardless for snow. I think the p zero summers probably provide a fairly significant improvement in grip and handling, at the cost of treadwear. Probably half the tire life of the all seasons would be my guess.
Yeah from what i've heard the summer tires make a significant difference in performance driving dynamics. Was worried because every single svr i've seen has all seasons in the US, and when I asked the dealer they said they never seen them come with summers, even though i've requested summers... who knows. Argh I really wish michellin pilot PS4 came in the right size, i worship those tires. They have been amazing on every car i've had/driven.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I ordered my 2021 SVR with Summers on it. So it came that way. My 2017 first edition was also delivered with summers on it. My 2019 SVR only came with All Seasons, it was the only choice.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered my 2021 SVR with Summers on it. So it came that way. My 2017 first edition was also delivered with summers on it. My 2019 SVR only came with All Seasons, it was the only choice.
Sure it is probably hard to isolate the difference between your 2019svr and 2021svr; but in your opinion would you say the summers make a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah from what i've heard the summer tires make a significant difference in performance driving dynamics. Was worried because every single svr i've seen has all seasons in the US, and when I asked the dealer they said they never seen them come with summers, even though i've requested summers... who knows. Argh I really wish michellin pilot PS4 came in the right size, i worship those tires. They have been amazing on every car i've had/driven.
from what I have heard the p zeros were developed specifically for Jag/F pace. so they are probably customized to optimize handling. probably better than any off the shelf similar tier tires

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Scharnhorst,

To be honest I haven't pushed the 21 SVR very hard since I'm still in the break in period. I also switched out the summers and stock wheels for the All seasons and stock wheels from the 19 SVR pretty early on. I plan to run winters on the 21 wheels and move the summers to the 19 wheels when I burn through the all seasons on the 19 wheels. I'll run the 19s in the summer with the summers on them and put winters on the 21 wheels for the winter.

Reactions: scharnhorst

·
Registered
3 Posts
What if you want to drive to Tahoe? They'll make put chains on if you don't have the right tires.
Personally I'd rather have more options with my tires, but I'm also more into the functional and safety offerings from my 2019 F Pace.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What if you want to drive to Tahoe? They'll make put chains on if you don't have the right tires.
Personally I'd rather have more options with my tires, but I'm also more into the functional and safety offerings from my 2019 F Pace.
Functionally for my intended driving style and location; grippier summer tires offer more safety. If I drive to tahoe in the winter on summer tires, then I deserve whatever comes my way (not that I would be remotely stupid enough to do that). Ideally have separate set of wheels for each occasion or season (not that I have seasons in socal).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts