Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar F Pace SVR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was thinking of upgrading the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season tires that came on my new 2022 F Pace SVR for something stickier/higher performance for the summer months. Can anyone recommend a good tire? Or are the Pirellis good enough? Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only tire I can think of that would be worth switching to are the Pilot Sport 4S summers that all us F Type guys run. But in your sizes they aren’t available. The TireRack lists Pirelli PZ4’s that seem to have good reviews. May be worth looking into.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all,

I was thinking of upgrading the Pirelli Scorpion Zero All Season tires that came on my new 2022 F Pace SVR for something stickier/higher performance for the summer months. Can anyone recommend a good tire? Or are the Pirellis good enough? Thanks.
The P Zeros (PZ4s) are the summer option stock tire. I spec'd them on my '21 SVR and find them quite sticky when warm. Handling is great. I also know they are sticky because I constantly hear them picking up grit in the wheel wells at low speeds. I believe they were uniquely designed for the SVR (there's a JLR notation on the sidewall of the fronts and a J on the rears). I believe the 295s on the rear are on the top end of the size you could fit on the stock Jaguar rim, so there aren't many other options.

·
Registered
2022 Jaguar F Pace SVR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply and additional feedback. I should add that the Scorpion Zero All Seasons that I am running/came with my 2022 SVR feel pretty good as well so far and that handling has been super solid. Still curious though if there is an even better option that could allow me to drive the vehicle more aggressively and push it harder. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the reply and additional feedback. I should add that the Scorpion Zero All Seasons that I am running/came with my 2022 SVR feel pretty good as well so far and that handling has been super solid. Still curious though if there is an even better option that could allow me to drive the vehicle more aggressively and push it harder. Thanks.
yes, that's what I'm saying. I think you will notice a substantial difference with the PZ4s which are a true summer only tire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The P Zeros (PZ4s) are the summer option stock tire. I spec'd them on my '21 SVR and find them quite sticky when warm. Handling is great. I also know they are sticky because I constantly hear them picking up grit in the wheel wells at low speeds. I believe they were uniquely designed for the SVR (there's a JLR notation on the sidewall of the fronts and a J on the rears). I believe the 295s on the rear are on the top end of the size you could fit on the stock Jaguar rim, so there aren't many other options.
I agree it is cool that they have the "JLR" or a "J" to indicate original equipped tires. When I had my Audi the original tires had an "AO" on them. As far as I can tell there are no other "summer" tires available...

More than you wanted to know: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=23

·
Registered
77 Posts
We run RE980's on the Type R in the cooler months and when we swap back to the PS4S's it's an amazing transformation. Just don't run the summers below 40 degrees.

If you are fortunate enough to have a Discount Tire in your area, check them out. Being from Ann Arbor I have to put in a good word for the home guys. And, they bought The TireRack back in December, so anything on The Rack, you can get from Discount.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I'm another one to second the Pilot 4s as I had them on a couple of my cars. They are super summer tires, but I'm not sure they come in the sizes needed for the F-Pace SVR, I've been looking but not finding anything. That is my SVR has 22's, if you have 21s there are more sizes to choose from.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You'll find that the Michelin Pilot 4s is THE preferred choice of the F-Type crowd. I was just at a F-Type gathering and 75% of the cars are running 4s's (including mine). P-Zero's are the original equipment and I don't think any of them stayed with the brand. Not horrible tires, but require warming up at any temperature, nosier, and poorer wet handling. I personally could tell the difference the first time I pulled out of the tire shop.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Important to note, I feel, the P Zeros that are standard equipment on the Type are not the same thing as PZ4’s. Just as the Pilot Sport 4’s are not the same thing as the PS4S’s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts