Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after long hours of research I've managed to settle for the below mentioned build. I'm not sure about certain aspects and would love to hear your opinion. I believe the link below should work and show you the specification of the car in detail.

Build your ALL-NEW F-PACE - SUMMARY

I'm waiting for my dealer to confirm if they can remove the full tire spare (which should reduce the price of the car).

Things I'm not sure about and would like to change are as below:

The Satin Fine Line Wood veneer to be replaced with the Satin Bur Ash Veneer? I honestly like both but not sure which one would go well with the over all interior color
Storm Grey color to be replaced with IRR (and save money while at it, since StormGrey costs extra over here)
Go with Black Pack (especially combined with IRR)
Disregard the Jet Suede headlining and save money

And finally I would like to thank you all for answering all my questions the last few weeks and providing the community with extremely helpful information and discussion. Please don't be shy sharing your opinion about my build, I'd love to hear everyone's experience regarding certain features/colors. I'd love to avoid bad choice before I commit to the build. Thank you!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Nicely chosen. Now how do we get a 250,000km warranty here in the US?!!!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Very nice, is that warrantee number for real? 250 kilometers?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

The Satin Fine Line Wood veneer to be replaced with the Satin Bur Ash Veneer? I honestly like both but not sure which one would go well with the over all interior color
Storm Grey color to be replaced with IRR (and save money while at it, since StormGrey costs extra over here)
Very happy with IRR and Ash Burl Veneer, although I have Brogue interior.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Finally, after long hours of research I've managed to settle for the below mentioned build. I'm not sure about certain aspects and would love to hear your opinion. I believe the link below should work and show you the specification of the car in detail.

Build your ALL-NEW F-PACE - SUMMARY

I'm waiting for my dealer to confirm if they can remove the full tire spare (which should reduce the price of the car).

Go with Black Pack (especially combined with IRR)
Disregard the Jet Suede headlining and save money

And finally I would like to thank you all for answering all my questions the last few weeks and providing the community with extremely helpful information and discussion. Please don't be shy sharing your opinion about my build, I'd love to hear everyone's experience regarding certain features/colors. I'd love to avoid bad choice before I commit to the build. Thank you!
Are you not able to build your own based on your choices? Just curious, because you refer to replacing color, choosing black pack and headlining or is more just you can't decide between the two? The IRR with the black pack looks really good if you are ok with a more bold color. I have seen it a few times and it really stands out but I am just too conservative. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, is that warrantee number for real? 250 kilometers?
Nicely chosen. Now how do we get a 250,000km warranty here in the US?!!!
I honestly don't know what the "Warrantee" actually mean lol! do I get to have certain parts replaced if they seem to not function properly? I need to contact my sales agent.

Very happy with IRR and Ash Burl Veneer, although I have Brogue interior.
Yeah that would save me some money and honestly the IRR looks amazing (there are no cars with Storm Grey color in the showroom so I can't tell if it's going to look great, the IRR does look indeed look great).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you not able to build your own based on your choices? Just curious, because you refer to replacing color, choosing black pack and headlining or is more just you can't decide between the two? The IRR with the black pack looks really good if you are ok with a more bold color. I have seen it a few times and it really stands out but I am just too conservative. :)
The thing is, I haven't seen any car with Storm Grey color especially with the combination of Red/Jet interior. So, I want some feedback it doesn't hurt. :)
Oh, I can get the Cassius Blue color (it comes with MY18 orders) but I thought about it and I think it's just a little bit too bright and sporty for me. The IRR is somewhere in the middle not too subtle and not too conservative.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just picked up my IRR with Black Pack and LOVE IT!! I did the mesh aluminum inserts, and think they look really sporty with the jet interior and light oyster stitch interior. But, I saw Storm Gray in the showroom and thought it was very stealth and sexy, too. Depends on what you are going for...the red made my heart sing, so I knew it was for me. Best of luck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have the satin fine line wood and hate it. Looks like plastic, bad plastic, 1984 Chrysler bad plastic. It's been commented on several times by people who thought it was plastic, didn't like it, got out of the car refusing to believe it's wood. I agree with them, It's hard to believe. I had planned on changing them to carbon fiber but as yet cant find anyone doing it which caught me by surprise. If a vendor doesn't get something out soon I'm thinking about wrapping them. In case I forgot did I mention I hate the satin fine line? :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have the satin fine line wood and hate it. Looks like plastic, bad plastic, 1984 Chrysler bad plastic. It's been commented on several times by people who thought it was plastic, didn't like it, got out of the car refusing to believe it's wood. I agree with them, It's hard to believe. I had planned on changing them to carbon fiber but as yet cant find anyone doing it which caught me by surprise. If a vendor doesn't get something out soon I'm thinking about wrapping them. In case I forgot did I mention I hate the satin fine line? :)
Mine came with the same and it doesn't complement the interior. Totally feels/sounds like plastic when you tap on it. Would be interested in swapping it out for Ash Burl but would like to see it in person before pursuing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Somewhere along the way I recall reading the wood pieces were unexpectedly expensive. I had considered it myself but I find the burl is just ok and if I'm going to spend I feel like I should hold out for something I like. I think the carbon fiber would be a great look with the interior styling but I greatly prefer the real stuff over a wrap. On the other hand the wood is so bad I'd be willing to eat the cost on a wrap to be rid of it. I had forgot to mention the fact that it sounds like plastic when you tap on it. And feels like plastic. And has what looks like a mold line running around it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The color doesn't help either. I wasn't convinced with it and I'm leaning towards Burr Ash Veneer instead. I guess this is another reason for me to make a few changes on my order. Thank you for your feedback.

I've also noticed very few people actually picked Grey Figured and Grey Ash Veneers, I wonder why?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts