Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

681 - 700 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had this happen 3 times now - all at Home Depot...

I'm usually parking (arriving or leaving) and have to wait for a couple to walk by so I can finish my maneuver; the wife will stop, stare, and then elbow her husband and point at my car; as if to say, "THAT! I want that!"

Of the 3 times, once the wife walked right up to me and started asking me questions about it - how it is to drive, how comfortable the seats are, etc.

I've also driven through one-way traffic control (we have a lot of road repair here in the mountains) and will see some of the crew looking at the FP as I drive by. I think it's both the color (red), the styling, and the relative rarity - but someone will look the entire time I drive past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I pulled up to a gas station in Coeur d’Alene this weekend and a guy in the adjoining pump says, “Hey dude I love that vehicle. It’s a Tesla, right?”

I thought of a witty response but realized it was futile, so I just said, nope! It’s a Jag.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I parked to go Christmas shopping the other day and was aproached by a man on his phone. He said loud enough for me to hear "Honey I think we found your next car"and began a slurry of questions such as "what color IS that and OMG it's diesel too". He thanked me and told her to look it up........ I hope he doesn't buy one because mine is the only F-Pace in town....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I pulled up to a gas station in Coeur d’Alene this weekend and a guy in the adjoining pump says, “Hey dude I love that vehicle. It’s a Tesla, right?”

I thought of a witty response but realized it was futile, so I just said, nope! It’s a Jag.
I know it's subjective but the Model X is hideous IMO, how could they confuse that with the F-Pace, yikes.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

My response might have been "No, it is not an electric vehicle, but it is a hybrid. It burns both gas and rubber!"

·
Registered
474 Posts
They love it until they ask if I'm happy with it and I have to tell them the truth about its problems.
That sucks about all your car problems but you should tell people that there's a lot of forum members who have had little or no problems with their FPace. For us, it's just been the S/S issues and all of us who got the incorrectly designed rear rubber spring gasket on those first few cars. Only us FPace first adopters are gonna remember those...

I remember some real horror stories on the Audi Q7's when they came out. Owners demanding the dealers buy it back. I think it happens to every manufacturer, VW probably the most? The Touareg being the only rig I've ever seen a dealer say - uh....no...we don't want it in trade... Ouch. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is not opinion but a fact,,hideous.
If the Model X was touted as a minivan with gull wings, I would say "that's a pretty hot minivan"

However it's marketed in the SUV segment so to me it looks like it fell from the ugly tree and took all the branches on the way down. Oh and that retractable lip spoiler on the rear hatch is laughable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Part of my route home involves driving through a slightly sketchy part of town where some folks hang out on corners.

Unusually I am completely ignored, but after I started driving the F Pace a slightly older group started looking. Sure the blue is attractive and the 3.0L engine has a pleasant sound, but after a couple of months the guys have started nodding at the car as I go by. It cracks my passenger up, but it appears we have street cred!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had my R-Sport 25T for 2 weeks now, and I've got nothing but praises from family, friends and employees so far. Driving around in towns, big and small, we do notice a lot of people looking and pointing into our direction, as they are pretty rare in my neck of the woods. Indeed, it's a very special cat to look at, considering it's red with black wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Since February I have had numerous people pay compliments on my car and asked questions about it. Some even stopped me on the street to ask what kind of car it is :eek:P When they all find out it's a diesel, the surprised looks turn to acceptance...tsk tsk.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Now that my car is wrapped and I took off the F-Pace badge and Jaguar badge( left the leaper) no one has any idea what I am driving which, the only thing on the car that says "JAGUAR" are the brake calipers nothing else and the front badge of course and a lot of people are more surprised that there is an SVR version of the F-Pace even if they know what it is. I have been asked 3-4 times what car I am driving also I have only driven the car 3-4 times after getting it back from the wrap shop.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My F-Pace receives unsolicited compliments everywhere I go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post. Just chiming in to say that I don't think mine gets noticed at all. No looks. No comments. Nothing. I've been mildly surprised.

I think Fuji White just isn't a color that grabs attention. Comes off a bit generic, maybe.

The ONLY time I can say with some degree of confidence that it has been noticed is by another F-Pace driver. I think we were both surprised to see another F-Pace driving around town. I think we both nearly broke our necks looking at the other's Jag.

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
First post. Just chiming in to say that I don't think mine gets noticed at all. No looks. No comments. Nothing. I've been mildly surprised.

I think Fuji White just isn't a color that grabs attention. Comes off a bit generic, maybe.

The ONLY time I can say with some degree of confidence that it has been noticed is by another F-Pace driver. I think we were both surprised to see another F-Pace driving around town. I think we both nearly broke our necks looking at the other's Jag.
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and received a few looks but I've only had one person actually comment on the color. I have seen a few F-Pace's locally over the last couple of years but they aren't a regular sight around town. I waved at someone last week that was driving by in a white one and she looked at me like I was crazy. haha. I think Fuji white is beautiful on the F-Pace and this car is anything but generic looking. ;-) It was actually my first color choice but since the dealer was being a stinker, I went to another that had an Eiger Grey one
with the same options.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 weeks and received a few looks but I've only had one person actually comment on the color. I have seen a few F-Pace's locally over the last couple of years but they aren't a regular sight around town. I waved at someone last week that was driving by in a white one and she looked at me like I was crazy. haha. I think Fuji white is beautiful on the F-Pace and this car is anything but generic looking. ;-) It was actually my first color choice but since the dealer was being a stinker, I went to another that had an Eiger Grey one
with the same options.
Congratulations!!! We need to see some pics
How many times will they change the name of that Grey color?!!
Ammonite, Corris and now Eiger

·
Registered
2020 S in Eiger Grey
30 Posts
Thanks and exactly!! I originally loved this color because it looked similar to cement grey. Darker than silver but lighter than Corris. I try to make any excuse I can to drive her. The hubby has washed her twice and given her a good clay bar treatment. Now I just have to give her a good name...

Attachments

681 - 700 of 701 Posts