Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

661 - 680 of 701 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I love the "what is this" questions when people could very easily look at the growler or walk to the rear of the car to find out... oh well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
But that wouldn't be as much fun . . . as having them giving you the chance to talk about your cat.
But this question usually precludes the "wow what a nice car" statement. Not so much annoying just something I have noticed quite a few people do haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The F-Pace is pretty rare where I live, and I get looks all the time. But curious subtle looks, not "Lambo looks". I get them more from other SUV owners.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The only reactions I've gotten are to the caesium blue ("that's a great blue." "What an amazing blue." "Wow, that's blue." "What do they call that blue?" "Hey, that's my foot you're parked on." "Dude, midlife crisis much?").

No comments so far on its Cat-ness.

I fear the color may be blinding them to true exclusivity that hides underneath.

·
Registered
933 Posts
The only reactions I've gotten are to the caesium blue ("that's a great blue." "What an amazing blue." "Wow, that's blue." "What do they call that blue?" "Hey, that's my foot you're parked on." "Dude, midlife crisis much?").

No comments so far on its Cat-ness.

I fear the color may be blinding them to true exclusivity that hides underneath.
I get the same, but with regard to the red interior. Came out of Whole Foods last week and two guys in their 60s were huddled over the window looking at the interior and then commented on the uniqueness (at least when it comes to SUVs) and appeal of the red. They couldn't care less about the car, itself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had to swing by the grocery store the other day to pick up some spices for a rub I was mixing. On the way out of the store a young lady walking about 30 feet in front of me stopped, held up her phone and snapped a photo of my car before continuing to hers. I said nothing but just got in and left. Sadly it wasn't even clean.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
The neck straining and stunned stares at my F-Pace haven't stopped for me in two years. Yes, sometimes actual inquiries are about the color, but sometimes it is about the 22 inch, gunmetal Double Helixes and the tires, and sometimes it is about the white leather seats and the luxurious suede headlining. But most of the time it is about the overall badassness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This has to be the oddest experience ever - pulled up and parked next to brand black F-Pace with the driver sitting behind the wheel waiting to pick up his kids. I looked at him as I got my dogs out of my F-Pace and he didn't move or look over. Staring straight ahead; An implacable stone, and not what I would think a typical F-Pace driver. I love car ogling, especially other F-Paces!::D

·
Registered
2017 Jaguar F Pace 35t R Sport
443 Posts
He was too stunned by your FP's color!

·
Registered
933 Posts
This has to be the oddest experience ever - pulled up and parked next to brand black F-Pace with the driver sitting behind the wheel waiting to pick up his kids. I looked at him as I got my dogs out of my F-Pace and he didn't move or look over. Staring straight ahead; An implacable stone, and not what I would think a typical F-Pace driver. I love car ogling, especially other F-Paces!::D
Below is an excerpt from my July 14, 2017 post that's relevant to your post above.

"FP drivers around here are like zombies. I have never seen one FP driver give my car even a split second glance when driving by. Kind of odd to me, but I guess if you're not into cars, you couldn't care less about what other people are driving."

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
I don't encounter other F Pace drivers unless I go to a meet up, so I can't say what they are like. MTHM and I live in the same tiny semi-rural town and I have never seen him other than a couple of meet ups. It has been two years. I'm still looking for my first encounter with another F Pace driver.

Where else does one go to encounter F Pace drivers?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I don't encounter other F Pace drivers unless I go to a meet up, so I can't say what they are like. MTHM and I live in the same tiny semi-rural town and I have never seen him other than a couple of meet ups. It has been two years. I'm still looking for my first encounter with another F Pace driver.

Where else does one go to encounter F Pace drivers?
Surprised you don't see them when you go to NYC. Drive to NYC on Sunday and spotted one in Manhattan, not sure the driver saw me. I seem them in downtown Philly from time to time, but I'm usually on the bus and not in my F-Pace.

Side note: I did see a dark grey Lamborghini Urus driving in the car lanes on NJ Turnpike, we were in the truck lanes. It was clear enough to get a good look, but wasn't able to pull up next to it. Looked great running down the highway. Surprised he wasn't pushing it more given how light traffic was at the time.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
;)
Surprised you don't see them when you go to NYC. Drive to NYC on Sunday and spotted one in Manhattan, not sure the driver saw me. I seem them in downtown Philly from time to time, but I'm usually on the bus and not in my F-Pace.

Side note: I did see a dark grey Lamborghini Urus driving in the car lanes on NJ Turnpike, we were in the truck lanes. It was clear enough to get a good look, but wasn't able to pull up next to it. Looked great running down the highway. Surprised he wasn't pushing it more given how light traffic was at the time.
In two years, I have seen only two in NYC, one moving away from me, t h e other one parked. So no driver encounter in two years. They definitely are not at the gun ranges in PA. I only encounter pickup truck drivers at the gun ranges. It's weird.

·
Registered
98 Posts
While driving around my neighborhood I have seen a black FP parked at a local restaurant and once exiting the grocery store I shop at. But the other day I saw it driving down the road and I sped up and got behind it. We were at a light and I as I got in the right turn lane (the light changed and all the cars started moving forward) I stuck my hand out the window and gave the thumbs up and I was just able to see the passenger give a thumbs up as well.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Ahhhhh... He was not wearing any PPE!:nerd:
I have to give a little credit to Zoomby , for knowing what *PPE* is !!!;)
Working in the Oil & Gas Industry , *GR* has to know all about it as well !!!:)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,317 Posts
They definitely are not at the gun ranges in PA. I only encounter pickup truck drivers at the gun ranges. It's weird.
Well if your in Texas you would see mine at the gun range all the time. Gotta get the Pew Pew Pew time in

DP

661 - 680 of 701 Posts