Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys I have a new issue that happened to my F-Pace today that I haven't been able to find anywhere in the forum. Today after my drive home from work where the car ran perfectly fine. I decided to go back out to the store and when I started the car and shifted to reverse the engine started idling rough. It was like it was missing. I continued to go and it continued to run rough like it was running on 5 cylinders. I didn't go far pulled over turned it off, let it sit for a while started it again and everything's been normal since.

My son said he noticed the check engine light come on for about 5 flashes but by the time he told me he saw it and I looked it was gone.

I drove about 25 mile after that, started and stopped it 3 times and all is still well.

I'm pushing the dealer in the suspension fix and I'm going to lay this on them tomorrow and tell them I'd like this checked as well when they get the suspension parts in.

Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I have not but when the check engine light come on it should throw a code which is retrievable when an ODB II scanner is connected to the vehicle. Please let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still running perfectly fine. Dealer has ordered the suspension parts, so I'm going to wait till they arrive and take it in and see what's up.

very strange.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had numerous issues....but engine and tranny have been flawless....even when a moron gas station attendant put unleaded instead of premium in a fill-up. Good luck. Very curious to hear what the code may be. Almost sounds like bad gas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had a similar issue and posted under "loud grinding noise - currently at dealer".

Did this issue ever pop up again? The dealer is saying nothing is wrong but it was running rough enough to the point of me thinking it was unsafe to drive the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts