Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on straight piping (Muffler Deleting) the F pace ? Would a check engine light go on if it was done? This is just a opinion post, I am not doing it to my F-Pace but am looking into doing it in the future. Let me know what all of you think.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Thoughts on straight piping (Muffler Deleting) the F pace ? Would a check engine light go on if it was done? This is just a opinion post, I am not doing it to my F-Pace but am looking into doing it in the future. Let me know what all of you think.
No it will not throw a CHECK ENGINE Light..As long as you stay to the rear of the CATS...you can do anything to the exhaust sytem..it will also NOT affect your emissions tests...But I would think it would sound a little raggedy and crude.:eek:

Reactions: Dakar09

·
Registered
245 Posts
I live in Vancouver BC and we don't have emissions testing. They got rid of that 2 years ago.
Welcome neighbor, I'm down in Seattle. DPK had it right, everything from the cat back is fair game in terms of emissions. This is also not going to be a warranty problem unless you get into the cats, do that and you're taking on risk outside of any emissions concerns. Because you're asking in the first place you're probably aware of the downsides but I'll throw out a couple of obvious considerations. Emissions is one thing, many municipalities of sound ordinances, most don't enforce them in any systematic way but some do. If you park in a garage be prepared for the possibility that you will be setting off car alarms before you can get out of the garage. Do it for a while and you're going to be feeling some blow-back which can range anywhere from keying to violent confrontation. Ears ringing when you get out after a long drive... Yea, your hearing is taking a hit which will be permanent. Young people tend toward not caring while ironically making fun of old people saying "What, huh?". IMO it's money ahead to get an exhaust such as you see velocity preparing for sale. Push a button and you've got loud, push it again and back to quiet. Thats win.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Welcome neighbor, I'm down in Seattle. DPK had it right, everything from the cat back is fair game in terms of emissions. This is also not going to be a warranty problem unless you get into the cats, do that and you're taking on risk outside of any emissions concerns. Because you're asking in the first place you're probably aware of the downsides but I'll throw out a couple of obvious considerations. Emissions is one thing, many municipalities of sound ordinances, most don't enforce them in any systematic way but some do. If you park in a garage be prepared for the possibility that you will be setting off car alarms before you can get out of the garage. Do it for a while and you're going to be feeling some blow-back which can range anywhere from keying to violent confrontation. Ears ringing when you get out after a long drive... Yea, your hearing is taking a hit which will be permanent. Young people tend toward not caring while ironically making fun of old people saying "What, huh?". IMO it's money ahead to get an exhaust such as you see velocity preparing for sale. Push a button and you've got loud, push it again and back to quiet. Thats win.
Sounds like you have been there and done that :)
I was also thinking about the noise implications. I am sure Vancouver has a noise ordinance, which they will enforce when they stop you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Straight-piping only sounds good on select engines and sizes (turbocharged inline engines seem to sound okay with this option due to the muffling effect of the turbo's compressor housing).

But for you naysayers (and I am one), remember that the car sounds this raspy purely because of the mufflers/exhaust system (some influence from the valve timing, obviously). Otherwise it would likely sound like any other supercharged V6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts