Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I just came from my Jag dealer where my wife drove the F Pace for the first time. We have a Prestige on order. My guy let me take a pic of Jag's lease figures. I'll post it below. Here's the bottom line, the higher end models have LOWER residuals but better Money Factors, vice versa for the lower end models, they have better residuals but worse Money Factors. Talk amongst yourselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Strange money factor on R-Sport

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are adjusting for the lower residual. Anyways, the 33month lease is the sweet spot. But I am definately paying cash afte JLR makes my first payment after seeing this. Those FE residuals....Ouch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pretty lousy lease numbers. Other than the R Sport, which has lousy residual value, the money factors are way high. If these numbers don't improve by August, I'm probably going to be getting a different vehicle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Eric, if you are buying based on lease price alone you will rarely end up with the best car on the road, just the best deal... It's a new release... Maybe you can do a 27 month give it away lease on a fancy Toyota(Lexus) and try again when jag is being more aggressive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eric, if you are buying based on lease price alone you will rarely end up with the best car on the road, just the best deal... It's a new release... Maybe you can do a 27 month give it away lease on a fancy Toyota(Lexus) and try again when jag is being more aggressive.
I'm not wealthy enough to afford the "best car on the road". If I were, I'd get that new Lambo SUV and be done with it. Instead, I will get the best car I can afford.

I'm not 100% set on the F-Pace. There are other vehicles I like too. Obviously one of the deciding factors will be price. My max budget is $550 per month (assuming fees and taxes up front).

I'd be looking at a Premium with a MSRP around $50k. With those numbers listed above, it would come to $600-650 per month at least.

A possible second option for me is the Range Rover Evoque. Last month I was quoted $510 per month by the dealer for an SE Premium with a MSRP of $51k.

If I was going to spend $650 per month, I'd just as easily get into a Range Rover Sport, which IMO is much nicer than the F-Pace Premium and is being advertised for $659 per month for a $66k car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My comment came across wrong I apologize. What I meant to say was the F-Pace might not lease as well as other cars in the same price range, due to its fresh arrival on the market. Other simalirly priced vehicles may be more affordable to lease based on the fact they have been on the market far longer(Audi Q5, BMW X3) or are a gussied up platform.. Lexus RX, Acura MDX etc... F-Pace lease prices will come down in the next couple years

·
Registered
72 Posts
Those sound in-line with I've heard from my dealer - for 36month, 54% resids on an S with MF @ .002 - new car, still gauging demand/inventory, resids should sit better after a year if JAG keeps the supply limited.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My comment came across wrong I apologize. What I meant to say was the F-Pace might not lease as well as other cars in the same price range, due to its fresh arrival on the market. Other simalirly priced vehicles may be more affordable to lease based on the fact they have been on the market far longer(Audi Q5, BMW X3) or are a gussied up platform.. Lexus RX, Acura MDX etc... F-Pace lease prices will come down in the next couple years
Yes, I do realize that. I'm not looking to get mine until December, so hopefully by then the rates will be better. If not then I will have to look in another direction.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope the performance SUV category expands rapidly in the next few years. I have never owned a car with more than 2 doors in my life, but my wife loves suvs and I can't deny the practibility they provide. Seeing as I drive her car when we are together on most missions I like the idea of practicality with a nice 0-60 time lol

Reactions: Phinehas

·
Registered
19 Posts
We ordered the Premium...with options sticker is $49,145.

My trade will lower amount to $29,145. Using Jaguar's finance option of 60 months, their apr is 2.66% and monthly is $519

If in fact I get this apr when car comes in, we will finance.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

My trade will lower amount to $29,145. Using Jaguar's finance option of 60 months, their apr is 2.66% and monthly is $519

2.66% isn't bad, but you should be able to get at least 1.99% from the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, so building an S identical to the FE saves you about $120 a month on a 36mo lease. That really sucks. Very unlikely I will take delivery of my FE that's arriving next week after seeing this. Payment looking to be around $950 with 5k down after WI tax

To put in perspective, I test drove an 84k 2016 x5, lease was $970 with 5 down. And that was with no negotiation, just full sticker. It looks like I can get an 84k bmw or a 71k jag for basically the same payments.

6 point drop on FE lol.. What do they think this is, a Range Rover autobiography?

·
Registered
6 Posts

2.66% isn't bad, but you should be able to get at least 1.99% from the dealer.
2.66 is excellent, forum people make it out like dealers hand out 1.99. They don't. Maybe a dealer that owns the bank and you have an 800 plus score. If you can get 2.9% from a JLR dealer, you've done well. Be very happy with 2.66.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same boat. Looking at 550 max payment on msrp 47k with only first month's due at signing. Was hoping to pick up an XE for myself as well but Jesus can't fathom the high rates and no MSDs

·
Registered
6 Posts
They just totally screwed their "most loyal" customers, First Edition buyers. Expect to see a lot of unsold First Edition's on the ground from lease buyers backing out after seeing these numbers. $120 more a month to lease a FE over an S if both models are built to the same exact msrp. Totally ridiculous.

The only saving grace is the excellent Money Factor. In theory, you should have equity in a first edition lease towards the end, if you sold it to a dealer instead of turned it back into the bank. Highly unlikely it will lose 52% of it's value in 3 years. I would guess more like 40-45%.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
If anybody is bailing on an FE that is British Racing Green and arriving in next month or so please contact me first!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts