Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post some pics of my FP with the new Ceramic Pro. I did a lot of research and found a guy in NJ near Philly to do this work. Not only was he reasonable, but professional the whole process. I do not recommend people without feeling they are excellent, so if anybody around Philly/NJ wants to know who I used, please PM me.

Also included pic of my new garage floor, which I had done so my FP did not have to sit on bare concrete!

Jimmy...show me some CAPS baby!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,916 Posts
Looks awesome!! But the bottom of your tires are going to get your new floor dirty>:).

Ball Park how much? Just round numbers would be OK, if you don't mind otherwise you can PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks awesome!! But the bottom of your tires are going to get your new floor dirty>:).

Ball Park how much? Just round numbers would be OK, if you don't mind otherwise you can PM me. Thanks.
Yeah, the tires were really the only part of the exterior that was not coated. If I did not have to go out of town right after coming back in town, I would have cleaned and dressed the tires. Cost $950 for the Silver Package - entire exterior. As part of that he fixed a couple of minor paint imperfections. He had another IRR F Pace in his shop while he was doing mine...also had a bright yellow Ferrari there too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, the tires were really the only part of the exterior that was not coated. If I did not have to go out of town right after coming back in town, I would have cleaned and dressed the tires. Cost $950 for the Silver Package - entire exterior. As part of that he fixed a couple of minor paint imperfections. He had another IRR F Pace in his shop while he was doing mine...also had a bright yellow Ferrari there too.
$950 is cheap!!!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Looks good McGluck, like the Garage as well.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Beautiful McGluck. Now all that's left to do is to get a Suntek kit (or Xpel) applied. It will cost more than $950. A lot more, but it's worth it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's cheap - I was quoted $1,450 for Opticoat Pro+, or $1,950 for CQuartz Reserve. That included the outside of the rims.

·
Registered
207 Posts
That's cheap - I was quoted $1,450 for Opticoat Pro+, or $1,950 for CQuartz Reserve. That included the outside of the rims.
OH my god thats cheap as **** . I'm getting the 9H silver pack fo $1700 in the Orlando area :mad:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
OH my god thats cheap as **** . I'm getting the 9H silver pack fo $1700 in the Orlando area :mad:
I got the silver package for $1500 :|:mad:

@MGluck, what sorcery did you use to get that low of a price?!

·
Registered
207 Posts

That's what I'm wondering!!! there is someone else in my area with cheaper prices, but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I called them. he sounded like a college kid trying to make some money on the side. he kept changing his words, telling me to hold on so he can see what's listed on his website and asked me "how much do you want to pay?" lol i would avoid this guy if you are in the Orlando area https://orlandotint.com/ceramic-pro-9h-coating-packages/

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

To be honest, as usual, I did a lot of research and liked this guy the best. Though I have seen many posts on this forum about coatings, I was not really sure what a good price would be. It is not straightforward, since some of you get it done in conjunction with PPF or other things. Also, some of you do the interior too.

In the end, I did not want to spend much more than $1,100, but chose who I did because of his responsiveness and professionalism. Also, he had no problem in meeting me at his shop on a Sunday to pick up the car, since that is when my flight got in from out of town. I left it there during the trip.

One guy gave me a price and then made me feel like he was giving me a special deal. I am in sales and I get sales approaches, but some are too much. Another guy wanted to know what PPF I was having installed and then got very critical when I told him what the brand was. I was not coming to him for PPF, since I was having that done at the dealer. He was too critical in what I felt was an unconstructive way.

Due to finally slowing down on travel, I plan on giving it its first bath this weekend. Cannot wait to see the shine afterwards...I also have my new water deionizer to see how that works, along with a brand new Dewalt blower. I did more research to buy the blower than I did to buy the F Pace!~ CFM, MPH....lots of metrics for blowers.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Due to finally slowing down on travel, I plan on giving it its first bath this weekend. Cannot wait to see the shine afterwards...I also have my new water deionizer to see how that works, along with a brand new Dewalt blower. I did more research to buy the blower than I did to buy the F Pace!~ CFM, MPH....lots of metrics for blowers.
Very interested in your experience with the water deionizer.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
@MGluck any update on your water deionizer experience?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only used it twice. Definitely does the job, but I need more practice on the final rinse, getting rid of the regular water. The whole routine with the de-ionizer and pressure washer is still new for me...so I need more time to give a definitive assessment.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Only used it twice. Definitely does the job, but I need more practice on the final rinse, getting rid of the regular water. The whole routine with the de-ionizer and pressure washer is still new for me...so I need more time to give a definitive assessment.
Only use it for the final rinse. So basically a spot free rinse paying special attention to the areas that hold water/ soap. I try to go over twice and this does the trick.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only use it for the final rinse. So basically a spot free rinse paying special attention to the areas that hold water/ soap. I try to go over twice and this does the trick.
I do only use it for the final rinse. That is what I meant about getting off the "normal" (not deionized) water. I think a lot of ones success in getting it all is the spray pattern. Regardless, I have my Dewalt blower that helps. While the blower is great, it is a bit heavy. However, I look at it is a bit of an arm workout....win-win!

I will be very curious to see how many rinses I get out of the one tube of material, given this stuff is not cheap. Only time will tell, and like anything else I need a bit of experience to get master the process.

In the end, my least favorite part of washing my car was drying....and now I basically do not have to do that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I don't use a blower. Unless it's filtered it could be distributing concentrated dust and dirt onto the vehicle. I literally just let it dry and most of the time the only spots on it are from places that drip like under the mirrors.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have been using a normal blower on my F-pace for a year and I haven't seen any dust or dirt being distributed onto the car... I am not going to a big pile of mulch or mud first and sucking up all of that and then going to dry the car haha ;). The blower is usually at least a few feet off of the ground so the only thing it is blowing is the air that is around us, so in the end I am okay with little microbes being blown onto my car as I dry it because I would much rather do that than have water spots all over my car. I am very curious how you don't get water spots because even when I have tried washing completely in the shade there are water spots because of how hot it is.

My detailer who applied the ceramic pro also instructed me to do this as its the best way to avoid water spots, he never mentioned any kind of special blower that cleans the air

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The prevention of water spots come from the deionized water final rinse. That is its main purpose.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts