Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in an effort to get ready for when I have to put a front license plate on the Big Cat and my desire not drill into the bumper I decided to give the Sto N Sho license plate holder a try. I ordered it from Big Mikes Performance Parts and first off let me tell you they shipped fast (http://shop.bigmikesperformanceparts.com/2017-Jaguar-F-Pace-S-SNS99a.htm) I placed the order online over the weekend (Saturday) and I have a shipping confirmation within 2 hours of placing the order.

It showed up here a few days later and today (being 75 here in Denver) I decided to go ahead and install it.

Installation was simple, all you need (depending on how you install it) is a 10mm socket wrench and/or if you decide like I did to through mount it then a drill with 1/4" bit and an adjustable wrench.

All you need to do is use the double sided tape on the base to help position it then use one of the self tapping screws to hold it In place. If you want to through mount it, then there are 2 small plastic screws on each side of the plastic base on the F-Pacem drop those down, pull the trip piece forward, drill the holes with the 1/4" bit and use the provided hex bolts and nuts to secure the base. Put it the trim piece back in place and you are done.

All in all it took me about 15 min to do the install, however while under Big Cat, I noticed that several (3) screws were missing that secured the front lower trim piece in place so unknown to me the piece was hanging and likely banging while I was driving. I ran up to the local hardware store with a sample 10mm screw, got some that were identical and was able to secure everything the way it should be. That little endevour added an additional 20 min to my install time.

A couple of pics below.

This is one of the small plastic screws you drop down if you want to pull the trim piece down for through mounting.

Final install, awaiting license plates.

Big Cat without plate bracket in position

·
Registered
254 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts