Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Safelite, ordered through local Jaguar dealership, three weeks waiting for it, still not in. Just venting, and if anyone has had one replaced sooner, please reply with your experience. Thanks!

NOTE: Wow, just saw this is my 1,000th post, sorry it is not more positive.

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hang in there buddy...any work done yet to the body?:|

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there buddy...any work done yet to the body?:|
You kidding me? The one shop in Denber that is "authorized" or trained to work on Jag Al-U-min-E-Um is currently taking reservations for late August. I am actually back to driving my Jeep, as we have had late afternoon storms many days. It has been kind of fun to get re-acquainted with such a basic machine, what with hand-crank windows, no AC, no cruise control, no heated or ventilated seats. Reminds me of where I came from, back when money was tight, and I could bang it around and park anywhere without worry of a door ding.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
So I guess that's a "No":D

Reactions: theweeb

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You kidding me? The one shop in Denber that is "authorized" or trained to work on Jag Al-U-min-E-Um is currently taking reservations for late August. I am actually back to driving my Jeep, as we have had late afternoon storms many days. It has been kind of fun to get re-acquainted with such a basic machine, what with hand-crank windows, no AC, no cruise control, no heated or ventilated seats. Reminds me of where I came from, back when money was tight, and I could bang it around and park anywhere without worry of a door ding.
With that kind of timeline, is your insurance (geico, right?) willing to send it out if state for faster resolution?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
NOTE: Wow, just saw this is my 1,000th post,
*CONGRATULATIONS* @theweeb !!! ;)
Watch Out for DPK , thanks to *300+* Music Videos , he's prepared to pass you by !!! >:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got mine replaced yesterday and it took a week here in Minnesota. I thought that was long. Farmers Insurance said their was only 2 front windshields in the US. They shipped it in from Arizona. Now I am waiting to get into the dealership to get the HUD re-calibrated.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Apparently theweeb doesn't know the *Right Peoples* !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I feel for you theWeeb, I hope that clear piece of glass shows up soon. Is your FP not drivable due to the hits you had on it during the storm?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is your FP not drivable due to the hits you had on it during the storm?
Just got the call that it is in, but of course they are so booked, cannot install until the 10th. Okay. Deal with it.

As for driving, I have driven it on really short jaunts, but there are two things I am concerned about. Getting ticketed, though I would think they would be understandable given the storm; and on the upper passenger side, can push on the windshield and it moves a bit. I also see fine bits of glass on that side of the dash, almost like glitter, so it think it is compromised to some extent. I just do not want to be driving at highway speeds and have a rock get kicked up in front of me, as fragile as it is.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Safelite, ordered through local Jaguar dealership, three weeks waiting for it, still not in. Just venting, and if anyone has had one replaced sooner, please reply with your experience. Thanks!

NOTE: Wow, just saw this is my 1,000th post, sorry it is not more positive.
My Safelite window replacement was completed in a couple of days. Remember to have the from windshield camera re-calibrated by JLR

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm scheduled for early August for the hail damage repair. Hoping to get my windshield replaced this weekend, but I'm skeptical.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Out of Boulder here, mine took basically 3 weeks. Filed the claim and they ordered the windshield May 15th, this morning (June 6th) got an email from Safelite with an appointment time scheduled. I had to call and reschedule it out because of work but overall no big issue. My windshield isnt nearly as damaged as yours, just a nice 18" crack down the passenger side from a rock on I70.

For those of you that have done this, when you had the windshield camera re-calibrated by JLR, what was that experience like? Did you have to pay for it? Were they able to complete it while you waited? Did the dealership do it or an auto-body shop?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine replaced today. Bill to the little green lizard was $1,178.00, ninety minutes to replace. I walked to a nearby Chili's for lunch while it was being done. I had not been to one in many years. Really poor beer selection, the food was really marginal... super greasy burger, over cooked onion rings... meh.. On the bright side, Safelite replaced my ez-pass tool sticker and Colorado emissions sticker. I am supposed to take it in to the dealer to have the front cameras calibrated, but the drive home did not pull any errors, and the ACC and AEB seemed to work just fine.

Any thoughts on what I should look for, should they need calibration?

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Hey theweeb ! I'm happy for you that you FINALLY got your New Windshield , so I wanted to post this photo of mine , in the hopes that it would hopefully put a smile on your face and make you laugh just a little bit ! 0:)

I call this photo *SHITE HAPPENS* !!! >:)

All I can say is , they must be attracted to WHITE , as NO other car on the street got attacked like mine !!!;)
I know it's not a Hail Storm , but it still hurt my feelings a little bit !!!:crying:

P.S. This should be considered *On Topic* , since it is the *Windshield* !!!;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Reactions: GRVR
1 - 18 of 18 Posts