Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is new bulletin today regarding ICTP update HOWEVER it is still for the 2.5 update (see below)

THIS DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ANYTHING MORE THAN ONCE AGAIN MORE REFINED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE UPDATE PROCESS THOUGH THERE MAY BE SOME IMPROVEMENTS UNDER THE HOOD. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE ACTION ON YOUR PART UNLESS YOU HAVE NOT YET HAD THE 2.5 UPDATE AND ARE HAVING TROUBLE. See numerous other threads on how to determine if yo have 2.5 installed.

BEGIN UPDATE TEXT:

This reissue replaces all previous versions. Please destroy all previous versions.

Subject/Concern:
InControl© Touch Pro™ Features May Not Function As Expected (Additional Updates)

AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Model:
Model Year:
VIN:
Assembly Plant:
Applicability:
F-PACE (X761)
046944-498746
Solihull
Vehicles With: InControl Touch Pro

MARKETS:
NORTH AMERICA

CONDITION SUMMARY:

Situation:
In response to customer feedback on the performance of the InControl® Touch Pro™ system, Jaguar Land Rover has developed a software upgrade.
Some customers may have experienced infotainment poor performance/reliability and this software upgrade is designed to enhance the robustness of the following features and functions:

• Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss;
• Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens, and poor system performance;
• CD ripping/playback issues;
• Camera stability issues when reverse (R) is selected;
• Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability; and/or
• Phone and Bluetooth™ connection and contacts download issues.

Cause:
These may be caused by a software issue.

Action:
Should a Customer express concern, follow the Service Instruction below.

NOTE: I am not reproducing the rest here because it's basically a very long set of instructions to service folks but this is bit is buried in it:

At the point of which the Jaguar Land Rover-approved diagnostic tool is formatting the USB memory device and copying over the Phase 2.5 package to the USB memory device, the tool will finish and advise the technician to install the USB memory device into the vehicle's socket. The vehicle's ignition must be 'ON' and the IMC must be 'ON' and fully booted this process can take up to 90 seconds.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the update. I can't wait for the 3.0 update due out in late April. (oops) Clearly, a patched installation release for the previous flawed version is not a good sign.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. I can't wait for the 3.0 update due out in late April. (oops) Clearly, a patched installation release for the previous flawed version is not a good sign.

I'm not sure where or how you draw that conclusion. This is the same update that has been out for a long time, just updated instructions to better insure correct installation.

·
Registered
265 Posts

I'm not sure where or how you draw that conclusion. This is the same update that has been out for a long time, just updated instructions to better insure correct installation.
Hey VZX do we have any intel on what is expected in the 3.0 update?

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey VZX do we have any intel on what is expected in the 3.0 update?
i don't. the only word i've heard is rumors on here. not convinced yet there is a 3.0 coming but we will see.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks again VZX for keeping us informed on updates on Topix it is most appreciated!

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
223 Posts
I took it as bad signs:
a) They didn't deliver 3.0 before the end of April.
b) They spent the time and resources to patch a patched installation procedure.
Now, there's certainly nothing wrong with improving the installation process, per se, since frying systems isn't good for anyone. But, if you were ready to deliver a full new release, you wouldn't divert your coding and test resources on 2.5, round 3.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Dropped ours off for a multitude of issues today, not the least of which is problems with ICTP Bluetooth streaming. Our tech mentioned some update he was downloading.

·
Registered
204 Posts
• Satellite Digital Audio Radio Service (SDARS) lock up, audio loss;
• Infotainment Master Controller (IMC) resets, blank Screens, and poor system performance;
• CD ripping/playback issues;
• Camera stability issues when reverse (R) is selected;
• Media player crash, library track select fails, USB source reliability; and/or
• Phone and Bluetooth™ connection and contacts download issues.

[/I]
Unfortunately for me that list doesn't include issues with the navigation system. I take it in on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately for me that list doesn't include issues with the navigation system. I take it in on Wednesday. Hopefully they'll be able to sort it out.
Since this update was issued in October and through subsequent improvements that list only mentions a fraction of the things that are fixed by this update.

Reactions: NVA_FPACE

·
Registered
225 Posts
Still need to get my 2.5 update...just waiting to see if I have another issue I need to take it in for before I do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just talked to my dealer to set up our first annual service. Our service advisor indicated that they just got in 3.0 about a week ago. They had some problems with the first couple of cars they tried to update, but believe everything is fine at this point. (He has previously recommended NOT being the first one on your block for any software updates.) Anyway, they'll make the update while it's in next week. I'll report back if there are any issues and/or initial signs of improvement.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just talked to my dealer to set up our first annual service. Our service advisor indicated that they just got in 3.0 about a week ago. They had some problems with the first couple of cars they tried to update, but believe everything is fine at this point. (He has previously recommended NOT being the first one on your block for any software updates.) Anyway, they'll make the update while it's in next week. I'll report back if there are any issues and/or initial signs of improvement.

I was just in (Friday) for some service and they did ICTP update under the Topix item referenced in this thread (JBT 00552 NAS 2 ICTP). So if it's ICTP it's still technically 2.5 version, not 3.0. If it's ICT then it is 3.0.

- from the persnickety accuracy department ;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was just in (Friday) for some service and they did ICTP update under the Topix item referenced in this thread (JBT 00552 NAS 2 ICTP). So if it's ICTP it's still technically 2.5 version, not 3.0. If it's ICT then it is 3.0.

- from the persnickety accuracy department ;)
You may be right. Until they do the service, I only know what I was told. I have ICTP, and it already has 2.5 (which the service rep presumably knew, since he was looking at the vehicle record/history and that's what it was in for the last time).

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You may be right. Until they do the service, I only know what I was told. I have ICTP, and it already has 2.5 (which the service rep presumably knew, since he was looking at the vehicle record/history and that's what it was in for the last time).
Same, my dealer contacted me and said they had an updated 2.5 for me even though I have had two 2.5 updates already. Will be interested to hear what your work record form says after they do the update to the update.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
after they do the update to the update.
and then to the other update to this update to that update to the new update , and then to the final update !!!>:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts