Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a FP S 2018. When I exit my vehicle. Steering wheel automatically goes up, but makes a crank sound. I took it in dealership today. I was informed that it would cost me 187 to check. Adviser said it’s not cover under warranty. She said for crank sound it’s cover first year or 1000 miles. Why I don’t know. Makes no sense. It’s obvious a mechanical issue. I bought the vehicle new n it has warranty but doesn’t cover that. Can someone please let me know if you have the same problem

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think you need a new Service Advisor.
The 1st year or 1000 miles thing is meant to apply to body and dash creaks, groans and rattles, not what you're describing, IMO.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Skyking is right, I got the same crap from my service advisor on my 2017 when I went to report a rattle coming from what I think was the passenger side, side airbag in the headliner. I was at 2 years and something like 26k miles, but they said they wouldn't handle rattles after 12 months or 12k miles. I hadn't heard the 1k miles thing. I voiced my negative feelings on that, but they stood strong on that. I guess Jag was getting tired of spending so much money with the dealerships hunting down what they deemed to be phantom sounds. My point on this is if it's a design flaw, wouldn't you want to find it and fix it going forward?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Where did you get the info from?
It's not first hand info because I never had any squeaks and rattles, first car ever.
It was posted on one of the forums I check, probably this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power steering system or the suspension is the reason for creating noise at low-speed turning. If the car makes noise when turning at low speeds, look into the power steering system or the suspension. If you hear creaking, popping, or clunking sounds, the possible culprits are broken or worn out suspension joints.

·
Super Moderator
1,866 Posts
When I exit my vehicle. Steering wheel automatically goes up, but makes a crank sound.
Power steering system or the suspension is the reason for creating noise at low-speed turning. If the car makes noise when turning at low speeds, look into the power steering system or the suspension. If you hear creaking, popping, or clunking sounds, the possible culprits are broken or worn out suspension joints.
If you read the OP's post it happens when he gets out of the vehicle and the steering wheel goes up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wifes was similar and also had a strange sound when turning. Turned out there was a TSB about some foam miss from the plastic that surrounds the steering column. You may want to enquire about that, as that should be covered

1 - 10 of 10 Posts