Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a FP S 2018. When I exit my vehicle. Steering wheel automatically goes up, but makes a crank sound. I took it in dealership today. I was informed that it would cost me 187 to check. Adviser said it’s not cover under warranty. She said for crank sound it’s cover first year or 1000 miles. Why I don’t know. Makes no sense. It’s obvious a mechanical issue. I bought the vehicle new n it has warranty but doesn’t cover that. Can someone please let me know if you have the same problem

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I think you need a new Service Advisor.
The 1st year or 1000 miles thing is meant to apply to body and dash creaks, groans and rattles, not what you're describing, IMO.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Skyking is right, I got the same crap from my service advisor on my 2017 when I went to report a rattle coming from what I think was the passenger side, side airbag in the headliner. I was at 2 years and something like 26k miles, but they said they wouldn't handle rattles after 12 months or 12k miles. I hadn't heard the 1k miles thing. I voiced my negative feelings on that, but they stood strong on that. I guess Jag was getting tired of spending so much money with the dealerships hunting down what they deemed to be phantom sounds. My point on this is if it's a design flaw, wouldn't you want to find it and fix it going forward?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Where did you get the info from?
It's not first hand info because I never had any squeaks and rattles, first car ever.
It was posted on one of the forums I check, probably this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts