Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4/19/2018

Issue:

F-PACE / X761 17my onwards. Customers report scratches to the tailgate closing panel trim and latch. See attached pictures of the scratches to the trim. The 'Soft Close' function may also not work.

Cause:

The tailgate hinge fixings have relaxed causing the tailgate to be out of alignment and touch the closing panel trim.
Action:

Realign the Tailgate as described in TOPIx section 501-26: Body Repairs - Vehicle Specific Information and Tolerance Checks - General Procedures - Tailgate Alignment

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
4/19/2018

Issue:

F-PACE / X761 17my onwards. Customers report scratches to the tailgate closing panel trim and latch. See attached pictures of the scratches to the trim. The 'Soft Close' function may also not work.

Cause:

The tailgate hinge fixings have relaxed causing the tailgate to be out of alignment and touch the closing panel trim.
Action:

Realign the Tailgate as described in TOPIx section 501-26: Body Repairs - Vehicle Specific Information and Tolerance Checks - General Procedures - Tailgate Alignment
Thanks for sharing VZX, I will be asking them to realign the Tailgate as I'm not seeing a soft close and I have the scratches. I'll have them do it when my replacement drivers side bottom FE seat cover finally gets here.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Wow, I have this and I assumed it was me scuffing it with groceries or something.

Just to be clear this is not the exterior, vehicle painted trunk ledge but where the trunk actually closes and latches?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well at last an offficial service bulletin! Last time my dealer told me it was “normal wear” when I asked. Seemed it was hit or miss whether your service department deemed this an actual issue or not prior to this. Adding it to my “to do” list for my first annual service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I believe I have this issue. It would be interesting to see the Pictures mentioned so I can confirm. Anybody have the example pics?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I believe I have this issue. It would be interesting to see the Pictures mentioned so I can confirm. Anybody have the example pics?
Here are two photos , of the pieces that are getting scuffed !

#1. is the piece that is ON the Tailgate

#2. is the receiver piece that is in the floor

These photos were posted by DPinTX , in a thread from a while back , titled
*Trunk / Boot Lid / Hatch - Doesn't always soft close*

Attachments

Reactions: MTGRL

·
Registered
41 Posts
Had this resolved almost 2 years ago as part of a number of issues with panel fit and rear light misalignment. It involved the dealer sending the vehicle to a bodyshop to have the rear door hinges properly aligned and the scuff marks painted over. Problem solved. Having said that, if this is still happening 2 years on, JLR need a kick in the pants as feedback appears to be of little value to them.
As to the hard close / soft close I think I've realised that if there is a door or window open, the tailgate will appear to slam as it meets no air resistance from within the cabin. With all doors and windows closed, a soft close of the tailgate always happens, unless of course someone on the forum knows differently!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to have this problem start happening. The car is just out of warranty, any ideas how much to fix if hinges need realignment?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,391 Posts
Here are two photos , of the pieces that are getting scuffed !

#1. is the piece that is ON the Tailgate

#2. is the receiver piece that is in the floor

These photos were posted by DPinTX , in a thread from a while back , titled
Trunk / Boot Lid / Hatch - Doesn't always soft close
The dealer fixed this by adjusting the top hinges, and calibrating the close actuators, then it soft closed with ease. The bottom flap was also replaced so no more scratches.

DP

1 - 11 of 11 Posts