Discussion Starter #1
F-PACE / X761
Title F-Pace Deployable Side Step Brackets Broken
Category Accessories
Last modified 27-Apr-2017 00:00:00
Symptom General Accessories
Content
Issue:
The deployable side step brackets that bolt to the vehicle are breaking.

Cause:
The bracket assembly is being used as a jacking point when raising the vehicle.

Action:
The vehicle is not to be jacked under the side steps / tubes. If the vehicle is fitted with deployable side steps then they MUST be in the deployed position to allow access to the jacking points.

To deploy the side steps, select "Roof Access" from the deployable side steps menu.

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
158 Posts
A timely alert for those with deployable steps switching their wheel/tire setup from winter to summer. I switched last Tuesday and used the OEM scissor jack but could not find a suitable jacking point until I read the manual. VZX, you're a Forum asset! Thanks.

Reactions: MTHM

·
F Pace Expert
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A timely alert for those with deployable steps switching their wheel/tire setup from winter to summer. I switched last Tuesday and used the OEM scissor jack but could not find a suitable jacking point until I read the manual. VZX, you're a Forum asset! Thanks.
Wait, what, you did it yourself. With that super organized garage I thought you had staff doing it for you. Now I'm even more impressed :)

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wait, what, you did it yourself. With that super organized garage I thought you had staff doing it for you. Now I'm even more impressed :)
With my ski resort now closed Monday through Wednesday, my Tuesday was open and NVDesertCat already had Maria cleaning the house.;)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I just find it hard to believe , that people who can afford to buy any vehicle that cost $40K-$75K , would not have the *COMMON SENSE* to NOT use the Side Step to try to LIFT the vehicle !!! :eek:
Just goes to prove , MONEY doesn't always = BRAINS !!! >:)

P.S. I apologize in advance , if this post offends anyone who has already tried this !!! 0:)

Reactions: Kubota
1 - 5 of 5 Posts