Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
With the fact that I had a standard F-Pace for almost 3 years, the squeaking is an SVR only issue I believe. Never really heard squeaking on my First Edition other than pulling out of the garage after it’s sat a while after a wash or after running in the rain. I think with the standard F-pace a little build up gets on the rotors when they are wet and then dry. With the SVR I think it’s the same but just a lot worse. Interestingly, I think my hearing is damaged enough I don’t hear it while driving my SVR. My wife does though, and mentions it to me often.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Normal but shouldn’t be. The dealer replaced my rear pads at no cost, and that fixed it for maybe 2 months. It’s back to squeaking in low braking scenarios, and I’ll mention it at the next service, but not making a special trip.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'll have to head in for another service at 24k miles, about 3k from now and will probably push the issue since so many of you are seeing it. It's good I can't really hear it I guess :)

·
F Pace Expert
2,545 Posts
May want to consult this thread: Brakes squealing

My brakes developed a pronounced squeak/squeal and the pads were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my trusted local tire shop change all four pads and surface the rotors on my wife's 2018. The pads were a generic OEM brand. Less than $600 out the door. I tried three times to get our dealer to fix the problem. The advisor kept saying: 'that's how metallic pads sound', and 'push the brake pedal harder'. Absolutely no help. Wanted $2500 for rotors and pads. Ha ha ha.

The squealing noise was so bad, I was debating selling the car. So glad we found the fix on this forum (change the pads), because the F Pace really is an exceptional vehicle despite some quirks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2019 SVR. I was told “that’s the way those Brembo brakes are “

·
Registered
51 Posts
had the issue. Dealer wouldnt change the pads so i did. Rears were much worse than the fronts. Changed pads and it went away mostly. I get an occasional squeek under very light braking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts