Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started happening around 50k miles on my 2017 F-Pace S. Strangest thing. Basically if I accelerate quickly it's no longer smooth on the way up - it starts to jerk a bit. I am bringing it into the dealership in a couple of weeks but was wondering if you all fine folks had any idea what to expect.

Thx!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Sounds like a fuel flow issue. I'm guessing, but maybe the injectors need to be cleaned? Could be almost anything in the driveline, I'm assuming you don't have a code showing or engine light. Do you hear anything when the jerking is happening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. That would be great if it was something simple like that. I don't hear anything except the sputter of the engine. Thank you so much for replying btw!

An Aside: I forgot to mention that I did run the fuel to nearly empty just to refuel it with the highest quality of fuel I could find (93) in case it was a fuel quality issue. I also have never put anything less than 91 in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting. That would be great if it was something simple like that. I don't hear anything except the sputter of the engine. Thank you so much for replying btw!

An Aside: I forgot to mention that I did run the fuel to nearly empty just to refuel it with the highest quality of fuel I could find (93) in case it was a fuel quality issue. I also have never put anything less than 91 in it.
When this exact symptom happened to my FPace S it was because a rabbit chewed through half of the ignition cables. The car went into limp home mode with a V3 engine. Slow acceleration worked okay. The rabbit lived after what must have been a scary 100 mile slow trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It started happening around 50k miles on my 2017 F-Pace S. Strangest thing. Basically if I accelerate quickly it's no longer smooth on the way up - it starts to jerk a bit. I am bringing it into the dealership in a couple of weeks but was wondering if you all fine folks had any idea what to expect.

Thx!
Before you try a lot of difficult and/or expensive stuff, try looking at or simply replacing the spark plugs. Only four of them so not really a big risk.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to follow up on the conclusion/solution. Turns out a coil and plugs needed replacing. All under warranty so no skin off my back. Yay. Thanks for the help all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got the same issue. Brand new F-Pace last year, first time I floored it from a standing start, (around 10k miles), I noticed it. With the pedal floored, going from first to second, or second to third, it will sputter for up to 2 seconds, it varies each time. I took it in to the dealer and they said it was a software issue, but they fixed nothing, it still does it... Guess I'll try a different service center

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the same issue. Brand new F-Pace last year, first time I floored it from a standing start, (around 10k miles), I noticed it. With the pedal floored, going from first to second, or second to third, it will sputter for up to 2 seconds, it varies each time. I took it in to the dealer and they said it was a software issue, but they fixed nothing, it still does it... Guess I'll try a different service center
Def tell them to look at the plugs and coils. Something was misfiring and it was tough to locate. Once this was changed it was all good. Regardless - I didn't leave the area of the dealership service center until I gave it a drive and tested it out. I was very concerned that it was causing undue stress on the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Def tell them to look at the plugs and coils. Something was misfiring and it was tough to locate. Once this was changed it was all good. Regardless - I didn't leave the area of the dealership service center until I gave it a drive and tested it out. I was very concerned that it was causing undue stress on the engine.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my experience so far is that the service centers will perform service and not check to see if the problem is resolved. My hood wouldn't latch initially and they failed to fix that correctly as well. I would've never known there was a puttering issue if someone didn't want to race when the light turned green. Car runs great until it shifts when the pedal is floored. I wouldn't think it would be plugs and coil, since it is relatively new, but it certainly could be. Maybe a computer/software issue or maybe a transmission issue...? Not my area of expertise, taking it to a different dealer this time, (scheduled for next week), will see how it goes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes, my experience so far is that the service centers will perform service and not check to see if the problem is resolved. My hood wouldn't latch initially and they failed to fix that correctly as well. I would've never known there was a puttering issue if someone didn't want to race when the light turned green. Car runs great until it shifts when the pedal is floored. I wouldn't think it would be plugs and coil, since it is relatively new, but it certainly could be. Maybe a computer/software issue or maybe a transmission issue...? Not my area of expertise, taking it to a different dealer this time, (scheduled for next week), will see how it goes.
Yeah at first I thought it was the computer too. Let us know how it goes and the resolution. As always, best of luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts