·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: McD

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
Saw that, I think it's good news that they are working to get some major apps over into their system

·
Registered
90 Posts
Do we think this will be run through the phone's data plan, or through the data plan for the car?

Because of the iOS reference, I'm thinking it's the standard IC App design where the phone needs to be plugged in, IC App is loaded and monopolizing the phone, and thus the phone's data. But the news article's image has me wondering if it'll actually be onboard the car.

If its onboard the car, Spotify & traffic data is a pretty good use case for the car's data plan.

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
Do we think this will be run through the phone's data plan, or through the data plan for the car?

Because of the iOS reference, I'm thinking it's the standard IC App design where the phone needs to be plugged in, IC App is loaded and monopolizing the phone, and thus the phone's data. But the news article's image has me wondering if it'll actually be onboard the car.

If its onboard the car, Spotify & traffic data is a pretty good use case for the car's data plan.
I don't think anything is allowed to run through the telematics connection other than vehicle info and emergency stuff. I'd bet 99% chance it's through phone or car's 3G connection.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wow, with this pace of innovation maybe InControl Touch Apps will become useable sometime before 2020!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why must we use a wire for phone apps?

O.K. for Spotify, but... any app that requires a phone-to-car wire is a non-starter for me.

ICTPro requires a wire (USB connection) from your phone to use Jaguar's InControl apps. With WiFi/Bluetooth capability in the car ICTPro, why?

These JLR closeted apps are both few in number and seem half-baked to boot! Why reinvent the wheel?

Do you want to turn your sound system into an Apple Airplay compatible speaker? Saw a hack with Apple Airport Express to link to AUX input with WiFi for high quality music (without bluetooth compression) that I may try:

How to Add AirPlay to Your Car for High Quality, Wireless Audio

Makes more sense if this resulted in getting more than just music and delivered Apple Car on the ICTPro.

Anyone found a less "techy" plug and play solution do get better apps on the ICTPro?

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why didn't JLR think of this?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Has anyone explored the HDMI connection. What does that offer?

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
Spotify is now available in InControl Apps app. Just came up recently. So, one useful app in there, now if I could just remember my login info.

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
martinPL;224458b said:
paid subscription only or is free supported too?
Don't know yet. It is the full Spotify app living under InControl App umbrella so whatever Spotify app does will apply.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Don't know yet. It is the full Spotify app living under InControl App umbrella so whatever Spotify app does will apply.
I Do not see the app under my Incontrol ?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
so this is for ICTP only right?

·
F Pace Expert
2,534 Posts
For ICTP do the following:

1) on your phone, assuming IPhone but same for Android (I think), fire up the Jaguar Apps app. Look towards bottom and you will see "more apps".
2) in that list you will see Spotify, click on that. this will take you into apps store
3) download the Spotify app
4) then when in vehicle plug phone into USB and fire up the apps app and you should then have Spotify on your ICTP vehicle apps screen

disclaimer: all of the above is from memory and for ICTP

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nope not there. Here is a screenshot of all the useless apps available for the U.S region. I even have Spotify on my phone

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts