Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Incontrol is becoming less and less of an option to use for anything. Spotify is going away next week.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Totally makes sense. InControl Apps was a waste of time and resources for a platform that nobody was going to support that was just trying to replicate the established platforms of AA/CarPlay.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not that it sold me on this car, but InControl Apps was "highlighted" by the dealer. "Look, you can control Spotify from here!" (which you don't really need InControl for, but whatever).

Now, in order to get that same "control" I have to pay $300 for a feature that most cars get for free.

Jag jag jag.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Now, in order to get that same "control" I have to pay $300 for a feature that most cars get for free.

Jag jag jag.
Could be worse, you could have to pay a subscription to keep AA/CP on our infotainment system like on a BMW.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Or you could buy a KIA Telluride, Put 30+k in your pocket, Have AA/ACP "Free" and be able to connect 2 phones concurrently..... Still goes A to B the same way and with all the same features....Jus Sayin....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, I tried using the in control apps for about a week. That ended about a year ago, and i haven't used it since.

Not a good interface, and the apps are pretty blah.

·
Registered
151 Posts
With Apple Car available InControl can just die

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those of us with regular ICT this is utter BS, I used to use Spotify through ICT on a daily basis. First they decide to ignore their ICT customer base leaving them in the dark on the Carplay/AA updates, and now to add insult to injury they pull Spotify.

·
F Pace Expert
2,696 Posts
just to note ICT never met the display or other specs for Apple CarPlay and it was clear early on that it would never be capable of supporting it so hard to say Jaguar ignored ICT customers in this area. I was surprised they eventually retroactively implemented it for ICTP which did have the equipment to support it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts