Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very basic question. What's the difference between the sport mode button and the sport mode on the gear shift panel (the S gear)? If I want a sporty ride (without using the paddles) do I use one or both? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
well, when you use sport mode with the gear selector in S is more responsive than driving in D, it revs more. But when you use S and dynamic mode it becomes more responsive than using just the S in the gear selector, if you want to enjoy put S and dynamic mode, sometimes I use just the S just for fun, but if I want more sporty just DYNAMIC AND S MODE.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
What Jesus said....But don't put it in ECO mode and then shift to S..It will lock in Normal Drive mode, until you shut the car off and restart....I speak from experience:eek:

Reactions: jesusk1

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
What Jesus said....But don't put it in ECO mode and then shift to S..It will lock in Normal Drive mode, until you shut the car off and restart....I speak from experience:eek:
Experienced this yesterday. I was in rain/snow mode than switched to eco and was going down hill on snow so I switched to the paddles and the car told me "special modes were unavailable."

Reactions: jesusk1

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
i'm shocked. Now we're getting into religion! MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU?
Wait just a minute there Mister Trek ! Since when is agreeing with Jesus a BAD thing ??? ;)
I mean , Jesus made some good points concerning *Dynamic & S Modes* !!! :)
I know you like to "DRIVE FAST" , so maybe you should listen to Jesus a little more often !!! >:)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
i'm shocked. Now we're getting into religion! MODERATORS, WHERE ARE YOU?
Wait just a minute there Mister Trek ! Since when is agreeing with Jesus a BAD thing ??? ;)
I mean , Jesus made some good points concerning *Dynamic & S Modes* !!! :)
I know you like to "DRIVE FAST" , so maybe you should listen to Jesus a little more often !!! >:)
I think you guys are confused, I think Jesus' name is actually Jesús (pronounced Hay-zus). Moderators lower your ban bombs, just a little misunderstanding ;)>:)>:)

Reactions: jesusk1 and DPK

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
..I like to Drive in Dynamic most the time..when I'm really out to smoke a Camero SS or Mustang 5.0...I slip it over into S with dynamic selected and smoke the suckers off the line till the next light...they finally catch up and ask;..what the h3ll kind of engine do I have?..they crap when they hear it's a supercharged 3.0 V6 with 410+ HP and an 8 speed tranny.

....a really fun car to drive, no doubt about it..

Staying on top sir...may I have another..

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
159 Posts
hahaha actually my name is jesus, but I'm not saying that I run fast every day lol, i was just explaining the difference between the S and DYNAMIC, I drive normal everyday, but sometimes have some fun when I'm able to do it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
hahaha actually my name is jesus, but I'm not saying that I run fast every day lol, i was just explaining the difference between the S and DYNAMIC, I drive normal everyday, but sometimes have some fun when I'm able to do it.
Just ask yourself, What Would Jesus Do? Sorry, I couldn't resist. #WWJD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts