• Undecided

Votes: 18 22.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone thinking about getting the splash guards ? I know some of you have stated they are ugly , but trying to get a consensus . Only because i have just got an email from my dealer asking if i still wanted them and that we need to bring my current vehicle ( 2014 GLK350 ) in to get value for trade . I haven't seen any pics ( besides the one on the accessory page of jaguar.com ) of the FP with them on , so as of now I am still undecided and I guess its getting close. So i have to make a decision . I have had them on my last 3 vehicles ( 2009 Ridgeline , 2012 Evoque and 2014 GLK350 ) and do like them , both in how they look and how they protected my cars . I just don't want to lose that sporty and fierce look of the FP and i am not sure if putting on the splash guards will do this . So any pics you can find and opinions are welcome . * I should have added to the poll , Undecided but leaning toward yes and undecided but leaning towards No . so feel free tot put those in the comments . *

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMHO, I think splash guards take away from the sportiness of the FP

Reactions: JB1000

·
Registered
310 Posts
That picture is from the brochure.

I am leaning to yes since I have had them before and want protection for the paint. I will also be putting on Scothguard or similar material on the font end, side mirrors and door edges.

Do not have them on my present 2011 BMW X3 because each wheel well is wrapped in black plastic as in the lower sill so the mudflaps would be overkill. Not the same protection on the F Pace.

When and if you get them installed pls post a picture so we can determine the appearance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If the mudflap isn't too big and by that I mean big enough for some chrome girlies on them, I'd rather have the flap than look at a bunch of mud, tar, and leaves sprayed across the lower painted areas. I have put them on most of my vehicles, or at least SUV's. I think it depends on where you live. We're in dead leaf h*** come fall, so that's not an issue for somewhere like New Mexico. :|

I totally understand though if someone wants a purist view of their FPace.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I prefer not to have them but looks like they are recommended if getting the deploy-able side steps:
"Recommend fitted with front splash guards to protect against the build up of snow or ice in harsh climates."

Reactions: JB1000

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the mudflap isn't too big and by that I mean big enough for some chrome girlies on them, I'd rather have the flap than look at a bunch of mud, tar, and leaves sprayed across the lower painted areas. I have put them on most of my vehicles, or at least SUV's. I think it depends on where you live. We're in dead leaf h*** come fall, so that's not an issue for somewhere like New Mexico. :|

I totally understand though if someone wants a purist view of their FPace.
I live in Long Island NY so we get tons of leaves also and for the snow it usually sucks around here too. I prefer to keep all those things off the the car also . My sales rep is going to new orleans this weekend and said if he sees one with them on he will take a pic and send it to me . Fingers crossed . Its getting closer and i need to make a decision .:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just Installed Them on BRG F-Pace S

I've been installing splash guards on my last few cars and they do make a difference. I never installed them on my Cadillac Escalade, and i spent significant time getting road junk off the lower portions of the vehicle. I installed the Jaguar Splash Guards on My BRG F-Pace S today. I'll take some pics and upload them shortly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had them before on a RR Sport SC. They looked good and did the job of protecting the paint from road crap exposure. Just had them installed on my F-P FE and they definitely look just as good as when I had them on the RR.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been installing splash guards on my last few cars and they do make a difference. I never installed them on my Cadillac Escalade, and i spent significant time getting road junk off the lower portions of the vehicle. I installed the Jaguar Splash Guards on My BRG F-Pace S today. I'll take some pics and upload them shortly.
You are so right about road junk found on the sides of an Escalade without splash guards. I had a set on my Escalade EXT when living on the side of a mountain in Northern Idaho. The splash guards helped keep the mud, gravel, snow and ice off of the sides of my truck. But after it was hit in an accident causing major damage, the dealer said they couldn't replace them with factory parts, so I decided to leave them off. Big mistake.

I thought about getting splash guards for the FP, but in Las Vegas, it's not needed as much, even with the deployable steps installed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I will be installing splash guards when my fp comes in. It saves the paint from road debris and nicks. I do not think that they take away from the appearance

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
You are so right about road junk found on the sides of an Escalade without splash guards. I had a set on my Escalade EXT when living on the side of a mountain in Northern Idaho. The splash guards helped keep the mud, gravel, snow and ice off of the sides of my truck. But after it was hit in an accident causing major damage, the dealer said they couldn't replace them with factory parts, so I decided to leave them off. Big mistake.

I thought about getting splash guards for the FP, but in Las Vegas, it's not needed as much, even with the deployable steps installed.
I thought it was required when one has deployable steps to protect mechanisms?

I think splashguards look great and definitely like the protection even with highway driving.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've had splash guards on my cars
Definitely worth it and
Will install them on my fpace.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I have used splash guards on everything I have owned for the last 15+ years.
I do plan to install on my FP, in fact I have them already, even though my FP hasn’t been delivered yet:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Splash Guard Pics

Here are some pics of my installed Splash Guards....

Also, if you wanted to see the hitch with the provided hitch ball installed, you can see it here... It's a pretty cool setup. I like the dealer installed unit, as it tucks up even better under the back bumper. When I take off the ball, you can barely see the mount!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I was skeptical, but now I think I will add these to mine. Colorado and its winters can be somewhat harsh, and these seem to fit the style and blend well. As for @Trek, well, this is not a sports car, in my most humble of opinions. They - and the roof rails - do not detract from the styling at all, and point to the outdoors/off road potential of this wonderful bit of engineering. Maybe if your F-Pace is an urban transport, no, but here in the untamed west, many an unpaved road beckons.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts