Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I just purchased a 2017 Fpace S with Tech package. This morning I was listening to a podcast in my car, stopped to get gas and when I went to turn car back on it took a while for console to boot up and then when it did, no sound. Even restarting car didn’t get it working. Then this afternoon after the car sat for several hours, the speakers worked again. I had an XF before this car and never had this type of issue. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've never heard of that. My lovely wife blasts her radio every time she's in the car (same car as yours), and she'd be down at the dealer for sure if that ever happened...

If all your speakers work then it's obviously not a speaker problem, it's a problem before the speakers like a tech glitch. If it were a wiring problem between the pre-amp and the amplifier then you'd probably just lose one side of the car speakers since it's stereo. So, my bet it's a problem internal to the stereo system and not wiring from the head unit to the amplifier or any of the speakers.

In my XK, I had to have the infotainment system reflashed because it was causing problems believe it or not outside of the audio chain within the car. So, that would be my first order of business - a reflash of the infotainment system. 🤓

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi There,

I just purchased a 2017 Fpace S with Tech package. This morning I was listening to a podcast in my car, stopped to get gas and when I went to turn car back on it took a while for console to boot up and then when it did, no sound. Even restarting car didn’t get it working. Then this afternoon after the car sat for several hours, the speakers worked again. I had an XF before this car and never had this type of issue. Anyone else experience this?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jaguar ownership. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I've had this sporadically on my 2017 ICTP currently running S18C_18.37.1-222737. It's happened as you described it where audio stops after a quick stop and the system doesn't have the time to fully shut down. After setting for long periods where the system fully reboots audio is normal. Last week I received a text message that popped up from the BT connected phone on ICTP and I had the system read the message. After it finished reading the message the music audio failed to come back until the system fully rebooted. It's crazy things like this that diminish the love for this vehicle which is one of the best looking on the road and is dynamically so great to drive. sigh

I can only suggest that you chat with the dealer and push to get the system updated to the latest 19x release to see if that improves things for you. It hasn't happened to me enough, yet, to drive to the dealer to get an update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts